Brownie Surprise Cupcakes

I have to admit I think the tooth fairy is over rated.
Whoever started giving money for disgusting little teeth…
well, they are just plain crazy.
I have no desire to touch said disgusting teeth.I am such a bad parent:-(
My youngest lost a tooth last night.
Boy was he ever proud of himself for yanking it out!!!

Why does this make me a bad parent???
I totally FORGOT to become the tooth fairy before face planting in my pillow.

Poor kid…it stinks being the third child with things like this.

I have a much better idea for celebrating!!!
Do you think we can convince our kids that cupcakes are better than money?

Especially cupcakes with hidden brownie bites inside of them!

And lots and lots of sprinkles.

What do you say moms?
Let’s boycott the whole tooth fairy thing
and become cupcake fairies:-)

I just don’t recommend putting the cupcakes under the pillows:-)

Do you think the kids will go for it?
(I have a feeling the kids will still just want the money!)

Brownie Surprise Cupcakes

brownie mix
white cake mix
1/4 c. sour cream

Preheat oven to 350* Make up your brownies according to the package. Let cool. Roll into small 1 & 1/2 inch round bites and freeze. While the brownie bites are freezing, mix up your cake mix according to the box. Add the sour cream in with the liquid ingredients. Fill cupcake liners with 1 tbsp. cake batter. Place a frozen brownie bite in the liner and cover the bite with batter. The liners should be about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool completely. Frost with Chocolate Cream Cheese Butter Cream frosting. Sprinkle generously!

Chocolate Cream Cheese Butter Cream

1/2 c. butter, room temp.
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. shortening
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. milk
4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. cocoa powder

Cream the butter, cream cheese, and shortening. Add the salt, vanilla, and milk and beat again. Slowly start adding your sugar and cocoa powder until fully incorporated. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Frost cupcakes. (if it is still too thick to pipe, beat in 1 more tbsp. milk)

Happy Friday!!!

Linked to:
Tickled Pink, Whipperberry, Serenity Now, Be Different, Act Normal
Sugar Bananas, Six Sister’s Stuff, Sweet as Sugar, Ladybird Ln.
Nifty Thrifty Things

Thank you so much for reading my blog. If you liked this post, please leave a comment. Comments are a great way for me to see what is a blog hit or miss:-)

Comments

Cupcake fairies? Oh hell yes. Sorry about my language, but the whole tooth fairy thing is stupid to me. I’m not doing it with my last kid. I was terrible at it with my two oldest. I NEVER remembered! I’m totally on board with the cupcake fairy idea. Can we wear tutus and tiaras?

Oh no….poor guy. Hopefully the cuppie cakes do make up for it!!!! My 4 year old…”can’t wait to turn 5 so I can get a loose tooth!” She would definitely go for the cupcake deal! On another note….one year here recently, I was in my mom’s bedroom, digging through a dresser…wrong, I know….but I think I was looking for old costume jewelry and stuff….and I happened upon a bag o teeth!!! YES, a bag!!!!! Of my, and my two other sisters baby teeth. Ick…I was so disgusted. But, touched. ha!

Love the whole surprise in the middle. Yum. We too have 3 and the youngest does miss out on some things. I also forgot the “ToothFairy” thing once – So I made a little bag out of felt, decorated with a felt tooth of course and hung it on her door knob. She left her tooth in it and I left her $. It was easier to remember because I saw it hanging on the door when I went to bed. I would rather have a cupcake :)
    mickey

I’m about to be the tooth fairy soon, my oldest has her first loose tooth. She’s so excited! Love the brownie bite in the cupcake! Chocolate.cream cheese.buttercream – YUM!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos

With the first child we started giving them a new book with each tooth, thinking that this would increase their love of reading. First one, Great (always had and extra around). Second one, most of the time (used IOU’s). Third child, the tooth fairy died a quick death and I just took him with me to pick out the book. Looking back, a dollar would have been faster!

Looks delicious! I have a hard time with the tooth fairy too! Often time the tooth fairy forgets or runs out of money that night or sometime the money is hidden in a place when the child just overlooked it (because it really wasn’t there yet)!

My kids figured the tooth fairy thing out real young and would just ask for a dollar the minute they lost the tooth. :)

The cupcakes look yummy and fun!

Your recipes blow me away!!! These look amazing- my family would LOVE them. Thank you for sharing this at our Strut Your Stuff Link Party! We hope that you will join us again tomorrow!!
    Camille @