* I am not a huge resolution person. I think it has to do with the fact that I never actually accomplish any of them. But the last few years I have chosen one word to focus on for the year.
*Last year was the word CHANGE. I was reading through my post for that word and I realized that I didn’t change everything that I wanted to, but certain things I was able to overcome and change with God’s help.
*Towards the end of December I started thinking about what word God would want me to focus on for the year. What did I feel like needed the most work?
For some reason I kept coming back to the word ATTENTION.
*Lately I have been finding myself not giving my full attention to the things in my life that matter the most. Just the other night I sat playing Uno with my two boys. Well, I say playing because in body I was there placing the cards, but they had to keep telling when it was my turn because I was texting with my sister. Now there is nothing wrong with that but my attention was split between the two. I want my kids to know they have my full and complete attention when we are together. I don’t want to be distracted by other things.
*Some definitions that the dictionary gave for the word attention are:
-the act or faculty of attending especially by directing the mind to an object
-a concentration of the mind on a single object or thought
-observant care; consideration
-notice or awareness
-detailed care or special treatment
*What do I want the word attention to look like in my life this year?
1. Giving my full attention to my husband when we are together.
2. Making sure my kids know they have my undivided attention when they are home.
3. Paying attention to how much time I spend on the computer.
4. Giving God the attention that He deserves first thing in the morning.
5. Attention to making better meals for my family.
6. Attention to what I eat and how much I exercise.
*God has my attention and I want to make the change in these areas. I want to pay attention to the little details in life that are passing me by too quickly. I want to be sitting down with my kids more often and talking more. This may mean adjusting some things. Things like spending computer time (aka blog surfing) when my kids are at school or in bed. Getting my Bible out in the morning before hitting the gym. Planning meals out early in the week instead of an hour before eating:-)
*I want to make sure I am putting my attention on things that really matter in life.
“Give whatever you are doing, or whoever you are, with the gift of your attention.” Jim Rohn
“You validate people’s lives by your attention.”
One Little Word
Thank you so much for reading my blog. If you liked this post, please leave a comment. Comments are a great way for me to see what is a blog hit or miss:-)