Avocado Chip Ice Cream

Easy ice cream that can be made without a machine, and it’s healthy for you.  Yes, this Avocado Chip Ice Cream is healthy and delicious.
Avocado Chip Ice Cream | Inside BruCrew Life - no machine is needed for this easy 4 ingredient ice cream #icecream #avocado
I made something really crazy…
you are going to have to trust me that it was really good:-)

It has been hot here…like crazy super hot.

The past week it has been over 100*.
All we have done is swim, stay inside, and eat ice cream.
We can beat you heat!!!
There was a ripe avocado on my counter just begging to be used.
Now usually it goes into guacamole.  Mmmm that’s one of my favorite snacks.
But I was feeling crazy, and all of a sudden
I had this idea to put it into ice cream.
No, I haven’t been sitting in the hot sun for too long…
and no I haven’t lost my mind…yet:-)

Stay with me…
I can honestly say, this was really, really good!!!

I had the same doubts as you, when the idea first popped into my head.

Then I smashed the avocado and stirred it into the condensed milk,
and I really starting doubting it.

I mean seriously, who puts avocados in their ice cream?
Apparently I do:-)

But after my first bite of the creamy goodness,
it was clear to me.

Avocado and ice cream were meant to be together.

Now I did “trick” my kids into eating this concoction of mine
by telling them it was just chocolate chip ice cream:-)
Although my daughter kept wanting to know what the little green specs were.
“It’s just sprinkles, honey”:-) hee hee!!!

No, I had to ‘fess up and tell them what I had put into it.
They looked at me like I was a little off my rocker,
(kinda how you probably look right now)

BUT they kept eating it.
Let’s just say all of the avocado ice cream disappeared pretty quickly.

Are you convinced enough to try it???
Or have I grossed you out completely this time:-)

Avocado Chip Ice Cream

Avocado Chip Ice Cream

Easy ice cream that doesn't need an ice cream maker. Avocado and chocolate chip give it a fun and healthy twist.

2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 ripe avocado
1 c. miniature chocolate chips

1. In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Smash the avocado and then stir it into the condensed milk. Fold the whipped cream in.
  2. Gently stir the chocolate chips into the mixture. Spoon into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid or overnight.

Notes

Chill the bowl and whipping blade for 30 minutes before making the ice cream. It will speed up your whipping time.

Comments

I agree with Ellen! Sounds totally crazy and I would never think to put them together, but man, that looks really good! Like dressed up, funkified chocolate chip ice cream. I’ll take a bite!

Avocado and chocolate – sounds like a winner.
    I found this via Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms. I have linked in a pork and apple curry. Have a super week.

I recently heard of avocado popsicles and I’ve been wondering ever since what avocado’s would taste like in ice cream! Oh my have you inspired me! I think the heat made you a genius! I can’t wait to try this, I have avocado’s to use up! Yeah!

I think this looks like it would be great and refreshing on a hot summer day (which there is no shortage of right now). I will have to try it soon!

Yes – definitely crazy, and that’s exactly why I like it!
    I’m definitely gonna give it a try
    Thanks so much for the crazy recipe

Jocelyn, this is such a cool idea! With an avocado’s creaminess, I can only imagine the smooth texture of this ice cream. And at 100+ degree temps here in Baltimore, I’ve been swimming in ice cream lately haha!

I really, really want to try this kind of ice cream that requires no fancy machines! You make it seem soooo easy, Jocelyn…I like easy. Thanks for always sharing your creativity (and awesome pics…I covet your pics). Thanks, also for following us on FB (you were one of our first)! In my appreciate of YOU, I’m passing on the Versatile Blogger award to you, my blogger friend! Here’s the post that explains it to everyone, http://www.bakeitwithbooze.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

You know, I have never had to sneak veggies in for my kids to eat them thankfully. But if they think something sounds strange then they won’t eat it. They actually really liked this strange mix:-)

This looks so good! But one question, am I reading right that there’s no ice cream maker involved? I’ve never made ice cream before, so maybe it’s a silly question!

You know, we were in Texas and there was this ice cream place that had all kinds of different flavors- It was awesome. I am sure it tastes fabulous, and I just made avocado popsicles and they were pretty good. Pinning for safe keeping! Have a good day!

Wow this looks amazing. I made avocado cream pops in my Zoku Pop maker and have been looking for a good ice cream version. Can’t wait to try!

I love the idea of using creamy avocado in ice cream – if you flavored it with mint, avocado would be natural green coloring to this ice cream.

So along with calling you crazy, I’ll have to call you brilliant too! ;-} What a fantastic idea. You’re gonna have to come alongside Mrs. Seinfeld and write a book of your own ‘hiding’ stuff in recipes. MMMM!

O-M-G I’m all about this recipe! No egg and adding avocado! Love it! Thank you so much for joining in on Katie’s Cucina Virtual Ice Cream Social!

14. Stacey says

I surprised my roommate with this last night and all we could say was WOW!!! This may be my new favorite! And it was so incredibly simple!

15. Staci says

I don’t know if I did something wrong but mine turned BRIGHT green! No way I can trick my husband that it’s “just” ice cream. Whoops :)

That’s strange. Mine really was light, light green. How ripe was your avocado? I wonder if that had something to do with it. Tell him it’s mint chocolate chip :-) Seriously that’s what my kids thought for a little bit.