Biscoff Fluff Brownies

Do you ever use your phone as a flashlight?
brownies made with biscoff
And I don’t mean use the flashlight app.
Do you use the glow from the screen to see where you are going?
I would not recommend it.
The glow distorts things in the dark…
it doesn’t really show you how many steps you have left on a dark staircase.
And by dark stairs, I really mean pitch black stairs.

Yes, I tried this out on Friday.
I thought for sure I was on the last step, but that glow got me.
Or it was the floor that got me.
Either way I ended up on my back with a twisted ankle.
Thank goodness for my phone not flying too far out of my reach,
so I could call my hubby in a panic.
I thought for sure it was broken.
There was lots of tears and dizziness and laughing
as I got a ride to the house in a wheelchair.

I’m still babying it two days later.
The nurse at church says go get it looked at since it didn’t swell,
but, hey, I can walk.
And by walk, I really mean hobble.
I’m sure I should milk this for all its worth:-)

And this was the week I had decided to be serious about my exercising.
There goes my morning Taebo and running routine.

I think the dessert devils are out to get me, because I didn’t bake very much this past week.
They don’t like all this talk of exercise and healthy eating.
It wasn’t the phone fault I fell…
it was probably a sugar demon following me around just waiting for the right time to shove me.

Maybe I should spend more time this week making up to them
with more brownies like these.
I think super fudge-y brownies with biscoff and marshmallow fluff might just do the trick.
Brownies this good can fix just about anything.

But just in case,
I’m not getting near any more dark stairs with only a glow to see by.

Biscoff Fluff Brownies

Yield: 15 servings

Biscoff Fluff Brownies

Chocolate brownies filled with Biscoff cookies, marshmallow cream, and Biscoff spread

1 box brownie mix (9x13 pan size)
1 1/4 c.Biscoff cookies, broken in chunks
3/4 c. marshmallow cream
1/2 c. Biscoff spread
1/4 c. Biscoff cookie crumbs

1. Prepare brownie mix according to the 2 egg directions on the back of the box. Spread half the batter in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Place cookie chunks on top of batter.
  2. In a bowl, combine the marshmallow fluff and Biscoff spread until creamy. Drop by spoonfuls on top of brownie batter and cookies. Cover with the rest of the brownie batter. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top. Bake at 350* for 25-27 minutes. Let cool.

Comments

Eek, I’m sorry about your ankle–ouch! At least it’s not broken (thank goodness) and at least now you have time to bake up yummy treats like this instead of working out (hey, I dislike it, too haha) :) Biscoff and brownies? Totally a delicious idea. And I love that you incorporated marshmallow fluff. You’re the queen of awesome combinations!

Hope that ankle is feeling better soon. Are you sure you didn’t purposefully do this to get out of exercise? I know how much you love exercising ;)
    These brownies look amazing!!!! I think they should heal you right up!

Oh, sweetie. You poor thing! Injuries are horrible. But now you have an excuse not to exercise?? (And, thanks for the tip. I walk down the stairs in the dark using my phone EVERY DAY. Now? Not so much.)

On a brighter note…these brownies rock!!!!!

Ankle sprains are the worst! What I learned the hard way? – be careful to let it heal completely and build up to exercise slowly or every time you exercise after for the next couple years it’ll swell again. =(

Oh and fluff, biscoff and cookies – yeah I’d say you’re on the right track! A new kind of biscoff is coming… check this out =p

These are looking wonderful!
    We don’t have here biscoff spread but I have a recipe somewhere for it.
    I can almost imagine the taste of these brownies – YUMMY
    Hope your ankle heals fast

This recipe looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing. I must have grown up under a rock though because I have never heard of Biscoff. Now I am determined to find some, buy it and bake with it. Thanks again…and hope your ankle feels better soon.

So sorry to hear about your ankle. =( But I’m sort of glad you passed along the tip, because I use the glow of my phone EVERY NIGHT after putting my son to bed. I suppose it’s a miracle I haven’t injured myself yet, since coordination is not really my thing. But holy moly, Biscoff and marshmallow fluff?!?!? These sound amazing!!

Those darn stairs!! I totally missed a bottom stair a few months ago and ended up with the biggest bruise on my arm. Ugghh… But these brownies would make up for it all – they look amazing!!

Sorry about the ankle! I broke mine last fall and it was such a pain in the butt! But it might cheer you up to hear that coupons.com has a coupon for $1.50 two jars of Biscoff. I’ve never tried the stuff, but with this recipe and the coupon I might just have to get myself to Wal Mart! Thanks!

Oh my, Glad to hear you’re feeling better! I use the phone to make a little light at night as well, but don’t think I ever tried to go on the stairs with it.
    These Biscoff Brownies sound delicious! I have made something similar a while back and can’t wait to try yours as well