It has been hot here…like crazy super hot.
Stay with me…
I can honestly say, this was really, really good!!!
I had the same doubts as you, when the idea first popped into my head.
Then I smashed the avocado and stirred it into the condensed milk,
and I really starting doubting it.
I mean seriously, who puts avocados in their ice cream?
Apparently I do!
But after my first bite of the creamy goodness,
it was clear to me.
Avocado and ice cream were meant to be together.
Now I did “trick” my kids into eating this concoction of mine
by telling them it was just chocolate chip ice cream.
Although, my daughter kept wanting to know what the little green specs were.
“It’s just sprinkles, honey”:-) hee hee!!!
No, I had to ‘fess up and tell them what I had put into it.
They looked at me like I was a little off my rocker,
(kinda how you probably look right now)
BUT…they kept eating it.
Let’s just say all of the avocado chip ice cream disappeared pretty quickly.
Are you convinced enough to try it???
Or have I grossed you out completely this time?
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Smash the avocado and then stir it into the condensed milk.
- Fold the whipped cream in.
- Gently stir the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Spoon into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid or overnight.
Chill the bowl and whipping blade for 30 minutes before making the ice cream. It will speed up your whipping time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g