These Peanut Butter Buckeye Buttons are the perfect snack to munch on late at night. Or you could fill a jar and tie with a ribbon for giving to friends and family during the holidays.
Christmas is only one week away.
Did you hear me?
Now it is officially freak out time…
We need to finish shopping,
and finish cards.
Then bake my husband’s birthday cheesecake!
Yup, freaking out just thinking about it all!!!
I’m not sure why,
but every year I get more and more behind.
I tell myself that I am going to start shopping early
but that never happens.
So the few weeks before we go from one store to the next
in a rush hoping to find the perfect gift.
And then there are the cards…
I’m a huge fan of making my own cards.
But this poses a slight problem when you start
a week before Christmas.
(maybe everyone will get them by New Year’s)
I’m sure that more chocolate and peanut butter will calm my panic mode.
In fact, I have a whole jar of these Buckeye Buttons
just waiting to give away…
but maybe just a few will make it all better.
These are so easy to put together.
Make the peanut butter truffles
and sandwich them between some mini Ritz crackers.
Dip in chocolate and top with a fun holiday sprinkle.
Fill the jar and tie with a cute ribbon or bow.
No one will notice if the jar isn’t completely full, right???
Stay up to date on all the BruCrew baking here:
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- mini Ritz crackers
- 8 ounces melting chocolate (CandiQuik)
- In mixing bowl cream the butter, peanut butter, and marshmallow cream until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar. Roll into small 1 inch balls.
- Place the peanut butter truffles on top of a mini Ritz cracker. Top with another cracker and gently press down.
- Melt chocolate in microwave stirring every 30 seconds so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Stir until creamy. Using a fork dip the buttons coating both sides. Tap on side of bowl gently. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Top with sprinkles. Let set. Store in a sealed container.