Creamy cinnamon cheesecake gets a fun twist when layered with an apple cookie. These Butterscotch Apple Cheesecake Cookie Bars are a delicious treat for the hot summer months.
I am so excited to be sharing another delicious apple recipe for Crunch Pak apples with you!
Hot summer days remind me how much I love cheesecake. The cool creamy texture right out of the refrigerator is awesome after a hot steamy day in the sun. Bring on the banana split cheesecake goodness. Am I right?
One of my favorite things to do with cheesecake is to make easy-to-eat bars. For this dessert, I sandwiched the cinnamon cheesecake in between layers of cookie dough. But not just any cookie dough! This cookie dough has chunks of apples and butterscotch chips. Butterscotch always gets looked over in my cupboard, even though I love those chips. The butterscotch and cinnamon was just the right flavor to pair with the apples.
I love having Crunch Pak apples in my refrigerator all the time. They are the perfect on the go snack for my kids when we get busy. And I love how easy they are to chop up and throw into my recipes.
The only thing that I do not like about cheesecake is that it does take a bit of patience before you can dig into these delicious cheesecake bars.
I get so excited when I pull these treats from the oven…only to remember that they need some chill time. Use that time to catch up on your favorite show, read a book, clean the bathrooms (ok, maybe not that one), or go for a run.
Anything to distract yourself from those amazing butterscotch apple cheesecake cookie bars sitting in the kitchen.
But after one bite into these chewy and creamy cookie bars, you will be so glad you had the patience to wait.
For the Cookie Layer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded apples
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and beat again.
- Mix together the oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and flour. Slowly add to the butter mixture and beat until dough forms.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips, walnuts, and apples. Spread half the mixture in the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and cinnamon and beat again. Spread over the cookie batter in the pan.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top of the cheesecake. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until completely chilled. Cut into 24 bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g