These Candy Apple Cookie Cups will get rave reviews when you make them for fall parties and events. The creamy apple and candy bar filling is the perfect topping for the homemade cookie cups.
*This post was sponsored by Crunch Pak apples. I am partnering with them as a blog ambassador creating delicious apple recipes.
Fall is in full swing here in the midwest. The air is chilly and the leaves are changing and falling to the ground. Of course, that is bitter sweet.
On one hand, colored leaves on the ground look so peaceful and beautiful. On the other hand, fallen leaves mean someone has to rake them into piles. Thankfully the boys in our family get that fun job.
All the fall colors happening around us gets me in the mood to do lots of fall baking. Usually I am all about pumpkin treats when fall gets here, but this year I’m loving apple a little bit more.
I have the awesome privilege to work with Crunch Pak apples this year creating delicious recipes using their bags and boxes of apples.
The pre-sliced apples are fueling my love of apple baked goods for sure. And the small individual bags of apples are perfect for filling our kids lunch boxes with or snacking on the go.
As I started thinking of a recipe to make this month, I kept going back to apple salad. You have had this before, right? Creamy pudding filled with apple chunks and candy bars is the best way to do a salad in my opinion.
My love of dessert salads has been going strong ever since I made this banana split fluff salad. I keep thinking of fun ways to change it up for each season. Trust me…I have a yummy fall one to share soon.
I wanted to give the creamy topping a fun twist though. At first I thought about making a cookie pizza and covering the top, but the few attempts I did had issues.
I finally decided to make individual cookie cup that could be topped with the apple filling. Can we just say I am now officially hooked on little cookie cups?
There may or may not be more little hand held treats coming your way in the upcoming months. I don’t know when, but I’ve got ideas swirling around in my head for sure!
I used a mini tart pan to bake the cookies in. The shape and ridges that the pan gave each cookie was my favorite. But you can also bake the cookie dough in a regular muffin pan. I tried it both ways, and they both bake the exact same.
These cookies got rave reviews from all my taste testers. I mean spiced apple pudding filled with candy bar chunks in a cute little cookie cup…what’s not to love?
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
For the Filling
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 1/4 cups diced Crunch Pak apples, divided
- 2 1/4 cups diced caramel cookie candy bars, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini tart pan or cupcake pan with nonstick spray.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar. Add the milk, vanilla, and egg and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and apple pie spice. Slowly add to the butter mixture until combined. Roll into 24 even cookie dough balls.
- Place in prepared pan. Bake
- for 11-12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 2 minutes. Use a tart shaper or back of a spoon to press in the center of the cookies. Gently remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Fold in the Cool Whip and apple pie spice. Stir in the 2 cups apples and 2 cups candy bars.
- Spoon into the cooled cookie cups. Top with extra candy bars and apples. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
More delicious apple treats that we love:
*I was compensated for my time as a brand ambassador for Crunch Pak apples. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.