This recipe and post has been sponsored by Brownie Brittle™. Adding a crust is one of my favorite ways to make fudge a little different. This Caramel Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle Fudge is delicious and looks impressive. It is the perfect holiday treat.
*Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to receive these delicious recipes in your inbox each day.
Well, we are officially in winter now. There is about 1-2 inches of snow on the ground right now. My fingers are crossed that the sun comes out and melts it away quickly. Don’t tell my kids that though. They are so excited for the white stuff.
I know there are those of you out there that love snow and winter and everything that comes with it. Unfortunately I am in the “bah humbug” category when it comes to snow. I would much rather be inside staying toasty warm instead of freezing off my ears, fingers, toes, and other body parts. Isn’t it amazing how as a child you do not notice the cold so much? I can vaguely remember playing outside for hours. I say vaguely because that was many moons ago.
So, while my kids dream of sledding and snowmen, I am going to dream of baking and fudge…and Brownie Brittle!
Please tell me you have had a Brownie Brittle experience.
This past summer I had my first bag, and I haven’t looked back since. This crunchy treat tastes like the crispy edges of brownies, and it is available in 4 fun flavors: Original, Chocolate Chip, Mint, and Salted Caramel.
Now you can eat it plain, or you can do fun baking things with it in your kitchen. Both ways are fun and delicious!
I am partnering with Brownie Brittle to create a few recipes using their product.
One thing that I love to make all year long is fudge. But I can never just make fudge plain. It has to have layers. Have you seen this Strawberry Shortcake Fudge or this Twix Fudge? Crust and a fun topping is just how I do fudge best!
So, when I started thinking of how I was going to Brittle something, of course fudge came to mind. I started with a bag of Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle. First I took out one large square of Brittle and broke it into 36 tiny pieces to use as a garnish. The rest of the Brownie Brittle got crushed into crumbs and mixed with butter for a fun crust.
Then onto the easy fudge. White chocolate chips melted with butter, Dulce de Leche, and marshmallow cream makes the most amazing caramel fudge you can imagine. Seriously, I am drooling thing about it again. Must make it again soon!
But I didn’t stop with a plain caramel fudge. Nope, I stirred in some mini chocolate chips. Do this quickly or your chips will melt into streaks. Pour it onto the prepared crust and sprinkle with more chocolate chips. Let it set for about 10 minutes before adding the reserved Brittle chunks into the top of the fudge.
This really is a pretty fudge and would make a great addition to all those cookie trays you want to make this up coming holiday season. Or just make it and eat it while the kids play in the snow. Either way works!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Crust
- 2 bags Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
For the Fudge
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Dulce de Leche
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tablespoons for garnish
- Reserve 36 small Brownie Brittle pieces for garnish. Crush the rest of the bag of brittle into 2 cups of crumbs. Combine the butter and crumbs until combined. Press firmly into a foil lined 8x8 pan. Refrigerate.
- Place the 2 Tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add the white chocolate chips until melted and creamy. Stir in the Dulce de Leche and marshmallow cream until it all melts and becomes creamy. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips quickly. Do not stir too much or they will melt completely. Pour over the Brownie Brittle crust. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips. Let set 10 minutes. Press the reserved Brownie Brittle chunks into the top of the fudge in a 6x6 grid. Let the fudge set completely before cutting into 36 squares. Store in a sealed container on the counter.
More fun ways to use Brownie Brittle:
*Brownie Brittle™ sponsored this post and recipe. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.