With so many different pudding flavors and mix ins, the flavors are endless!!!
We make hot cocoa and my daughter has to have sprinkles on top of the marshmallows. Makes me so proud...I have taught her well.
That very instant I knew how to make the pudding cookie different. It was going to become a pudding sandwich with a marshmallow filling!!!
I was going to roll the edges in the sprinkles, but I still thought they looked a little boring. When I think of marshmallows, I always think of chocolate.
I figured how can you go wrong dipping these coconut s'mores pudding sandwiches into a chocolate bath!!! The sprinkles stood out so much more on the dark chocolate coating. These may be my new favorite kind...at least until I make another variation.
I just got my first one and I have to tell you how much I love it!!! My air bake sheets are usually the only thing I will ever use for cookies, but I can honestly say that the Silpat kicks the air bake pan's butt! I couldn't believe how easy it was to just slide the cookies off. Then I baked up a batch on the air bake to compare it to the Silpat batch.
The cookies baked on the Silpat actually baked up just a little bit puffier, and they didn't spread out as much! So basically the Silpat is the most awesomest thing ever. Everyone needs one in their baking cupboard.
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 - 3.4 ounce package instant coconut cream pudding
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- 12 toasted coconut marshmallows
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and coconut extract and beat again.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and dry pudding mix. Slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the coconut and mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out the batter onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool cookies completely.
- Cut the marshmallow in half. Place a couple cookies at a time on a glass plate and top with half a marshmallow, cut side down. Heat 10 seconds at a time, or until marshmallow is soft and puffed up. Top with another cookie and press down. Let cool again.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the regular chocolate chips and the shortening. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted and creamy.
- Dip the cookies in the chocolate and place on wax paper. Sprinkle with any color sprinkles while the chocolate is wet. Let set before eating. Makes about 24 sandwiches.