Have you seen the new Gingerbread Oreos yet? I have to admit that I am not a huge gingerbread fan, but I really like these. No scratch that…I love these.
Of course they are Oreos, and I have yet to find an Oreo that I didn’t like. As soon as I saw the first package of these posted on Instagram, I headed to our Walmart.
I checked the seasonal aisle, I checked the cookie aisle, and I checked the displays in the middle of the aisles. Nothing!
I was starting to lose heart that our Walmart had decided to not carry them. As I headed to the checkout lane, there right in front of my eyes was an Oreo display!
And one whole side had the Gingerbread ones, so it was meant to be. In fact, I’m pretty sure I heard angels singing.
The first thing I did when I got home was to try one. Oh boy! They were good! I had to close them up and hide them in the back of the cupboards because I was very tempted to eat more…lots more.
The more I thought about what to make, the more I realized I wanted to make something simple. Something that wouldn’t hide the gingerbread flavor.
Oreo truffles it is.
But because I was feeling lazy…or maybe it was just plain genius…either way I decided to make it into bark. Ok, ok, it really was the lazy way out. I just wasn’t in the mood to dip that many truffles.
I may never dip another Oreo truffle again.
Gingerbread Oreo Truffle Bark recipe:
- 1 package Gingerbread Oreos
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 package white Candiquik, chopped (16 oz.)
- 4 extra Gingerbread Oreos
- Place the Candiquik in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted.
- Pour half of the Candiquik into a wax paper lined 9x13 pan. Place in refrigerator. Keep the other half warm.
- Crush the whole package of Oreos. Mix in the cream cheese.
- Spread on top of the chilled Candiquik. Pour the other half of the Candiquik on top and spread out.
- Top with sprinkles and extra Oreo chunks. Refrigerate to set. Chop into random small pieces. Keep refrigerated.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g