Healthy eating and moderation is key to living a healthy and happy life. Today I have this delicious Ham and Pineapple Salad recipe for you and a giveaway from Albion Fit for some cute workout clothing or some gorgeous swimwear.
With summer just around the corner, I have been really trying to eat healthy. Some days that’s hard because I bake things like Peanut Butter Snickers Cheesecake Brownie Pie or Coconut Fudge Poke Cake. Do you know how hard it is to NOT eat those things for lunch?? There are days I have to keep my eyes closed when I reach into the fridge because I know that I will grab the pie if I see it first. Yes, these are real #foodbloggerproblems …LOL!
I like to keep different meats and veggies chopped and ready to go for a quick and easy salad. If I keep things in containers at the front of the refrigerator, I am definitely more likely to eat healthy. For this easy salad, I combined some ham, pineapple bits, and mozzarella cheese on top of a bed of salad greens. This combo is one of my favorite pizza toppings, so I knew I would love it on a salad too. The thing that put this over the top though…was the barbecue ranch dressing. I did use a light ranch to keep more calories out, but then I stirred in some barbecue sauce and added them right back in. It’s ok. Just drizzle a little bit on for some flavor.
The extra protein in the salad from the meat and cheese helps keep you fuller longer throughout the afternoon. I can’t promise you that it will make those pie cravings go away, but the sweetness from the pineapple and dressing kind of helps calm that sweet tooth down a bit.
I have to keep that sweet tooth in check. Summer is almost here and that means swimsuits and trips to the beach or pool. I better keep eating the salads so I can continue to fit into my new Albion swimsuit.
Let’s get to that giveaway…
Albion Fit has some of the cutest swimwear I have seen. They have so many styles and choices for every body type. I loved looking through all the ruffles and colors. I am loving the stripes and the splash of color on the Emerald Green Jaw Dropper suit above.
I was sent this absolutely adorable Big PolkaDot swimsuit. I was very nervous about ordering a size online because I like the option of trying something and grabbing another size off the rack. Let me say, that I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate the size guide is when you order from Albion Fit. My swimsuit fit perfectly. The top gives great support and stays put which is a good thing to have in a suit when you go to the pool or beach with kids. The bottoms completely covered and did not ride up. I felt completely at ease in this suit.
Albion Fit also has great workout clothing options. They have different tops and bottoms for whatever workout or sport you will be involved in. I have my eye on these black Optimum Capris and one of the Love Racer tops. I think they would be a great motivation as I go to the gym or go for a run.
Would you like to pick out some workout clothes or a new swimsuit?
If you want to order right away, I have been given a promo code to save $15 on any order $50 or more. Just use the code brucrewlife15 at the checkout. This code will expire on June 15th, 2013.
You can enter to win a $100 gift card to use on anything on the Albion Fit site.
How to enter:
Leave a comment on this post telling what you would use your gift card on if you won. (Visit Albion Fit ) Make sure you leave a current email, so I can contact the winner easily. (This is a mandatory option.)
1. Like Albion Fit on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
2. Pin your favorite item from Albion Fit onto Pinterest. Leave a comment below with the link to the pin.
3. Like BruCrew Life on Facebook. Leave another separate comment below telling me you did it.
1. Giveaway is open from May 22nd to May 31st.
2. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. Must be 18 years of age.
3. Winner will be chosen using random.org and will be emailed. The winner has 48 hours to contact me, or a new winner will be chosen.
*BruCrew Life was provided with product to review. No other compensation has been given. All opinions are 100% my own.
For the Dressing
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Open Pit Sweet Spiced Rum)
For the Salad
- 2 cups spring salad mix
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple bits
- 1 teaspoon diced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dressing
- Combine the ranch and barbecue sauce and place in a sealed container. This makes more than you need for this salad. I like to keep it in a jar in my refrigerator.
- Place salad greens on a plate. Top with ham, pineapple, onion, and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Eat immediately. Makes 1 salad
I like to keep containers of chopped meat and veggies, so I can make this salad in under 5 minutes.