Summer is in full force here.
90* plus some!!!
With all this sun and heat that means
lots of swimming and pool therapy!!!!
So far we have been to the pool twice
and have some light redness and freckles
to prove it!
Ya gotta love sitting at the pool and
just looking around at the people and
suits that they choose to wear.
I mean seriously…
do some of these people not look in the mirror
when they buy a swim suit?
Some are like train wrecks…
you just can’t look away!!!
But who wants that kind of image
burned in their brain, so let’s talk sweets!
This one might haunt you until you make it.
When I started thinking about it,
I had to make it RIGHT AWAY!!!
Now because I am kind of a baking junkie…
I seem to always have most of the things I need
in one of my cupboards when inspiration strikes.
LOL! You never know
when a baking emergency might come up!
Ingredients needed to make Mocha Frosted Flakes Treats:
- Instant Coffee (optional)
- Chocolate Frosted Flakes
- Mini M&M’s
Tips for making Mocha Frosted Flakes Treats:
Spray a pan with nonstick spray or grease your pan with butter.
Melt your butter over low heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and creamy. Stir in the instant coffee until dissolved.
Add the cereal and stir until everything is coated. Quickly stir in 1 cup of the mini M&M’s and pour into the prepared pan.
Press down gently. You can use wax paper or spray your hands with nonstick spray. Add the remaining candies to the top. Press them in gently, so that they stick.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee granules* (see note below)
- 6 cups Chocolate Frosted Flakes cereal
- 2 cups mini M&M’s
- Butter a cookie pizza pan or a 9×13 glass pan. Set aside.
- Place butter in a sauce pan and heat on low-medium heat until the butter melts. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the instant coffee until dissolved.
- Add the cereal and stir again until the cereal is coated. Quickly stir in 1 c. mini M&M’s.
- Press gently into the prepared pan using wax paper. Sprinkle the top with the remaining M&M’s. Press them into the cereal lightly so they stick.
- Let the treats set up for about an hour. Cut into wedges or squares depending on what pan you used!
*Feel free to leave the instant coffee out if you do not like coffee flavored desserts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g