These easy cake mix bars are filled with coconut and Nutella and then covered in sweetened condensed milk. You will be the hit of the party if you bring these Nutella Almond Joy Bars to any barbecue or picnic this summer.
This week we bought flowers for Mother’s Day to plant in the front of our house. I love a pretty house with a beautiful outside. The thing I really don’t like…dirt under my fingernails. It is definitely on my list of pet peeves for sure.
I found some old gardening gloves to use while putting the flowers in the dirt. Apparently I have bum gloves because I still ended up with dirt under my nails. I have decided that gardening is not on my list of favorite things to do. In fact, it is on my list of things I would love to pay someone else to do. A maid is also on my list 🙂 Maybe one of these days, but until then I will suffer through it and document my “complaints” here.
Something that I do enjoy doing is eating coconut and Nutella together. A couple years ago I made these Coconut Nutella cookies, and they are still some of my favorites. I love using cake mixes for a base for easy dessert bars. Add in some coconut and Nutella in the center and cover it in sweetened condensed milk for a ooey, gooey bar.
I would much rather lounge on the deck with a plate of these than be digging in the dirt. Who’s with me? You bring the milk, and I’ll make the bars!!!
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups Almond Joy candy pieces
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, almonds, butter, and milk until it forms a dough.
- Stir in the candy pieces. Divide the dough in half.
- Press half the dough into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Spread the Nutella over the dough in the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Spread over the Nutella carefully.
- Crumble the rest of the dough on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely. Makes 24 squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
Other easy cake mix recipes: