I just knew that this month I wanted to create some sort of edible turkey. But I had no idea what to make.
I googled turkey treats and found tons of the same ones made out of Oreos.
Those are cute and all, but call me crazy. I wanted to come up with some thing slightly original.
Yes, I do know edible turkey treats are NOT an original idea, but I hope you enjoy my take on this Reese's Brownie Bite Turkeys.
You knew brownie bites were coming, right????
10 bonus points to those that spotted that one right away. I couldn't help myself. Brownie bites were the perfect body for this "sweet" guy!
I need to caution you. These are only for the SERIOUS chocolate lover!!!
They have chocolate all over them. Just warning you now.
And to fill these brownie bites, I used up some of the Reese's peanut butter cups that were lurking in my cupboard.
These would be a great thanksgiving day "craft" to do with your kids. They could easily dip the pretzel sticks and put the sprinkles on and decorate the peanut butter cup faces!
Reese's Brownie Bite Turkeys recipe:
- 1 box brownie mix
- 75 mini pretzel sticks
- 30 Reese's peanut butter cups
- 30 yellow Reese's pieces
- 1 container fall sprinkles
- 1 package chocolate melts
- 1 Tablespoon white chocolate melts
- 15 Indian candy corn
- 30 twist pretzels
- Bake the brownies according to the package. Cool.
- Melt the chocolate melting chocolate according to the package and dip the pretzels sticks.
- Sprinkle with fall sprinkles. Dip the pretzel twist and let set.
- Cut the tips off the Indian candy corn and add a small dab of melted chocolate to it. Attach to the front of a peanut butter cup.
- Melt the white chocolate. Use a toothpick to drop some white chocolate on for the eyes. When they have set, dab a little brown in the center for the eyeballs. You can also use candy eyes.
- Once your brownies are cool, cut into 15 squares and place a peanut butter cup in the center. Roll up around the peanut butter cup. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate melts according to the package directions. Dip the chilled brownie balls in the chocolate and place on wax paper to set.
- Attach your peanut butter cup head to the top of the brownie bite with some chocolate.
- Dip the bottom ends of the sprinkled pretzels in choc and attach to the back of the bite. Hold them on for a minute or they will fall off. Attach the pretzel twists to the sides the same way.
- Dip the tip of the Reese's pieces in chocolate and attach to the front for feet.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1579Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 2780mgCarbohydrates: 304gFiber: 9gSugar: 137gProtein: 30g
Happy Turkey Making!