Try these Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Tarts for an easy dessert during the upcoming holiday season. This recipe was made possible by Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry.
I don't know about you, but I feel like the holidays are creeping up on us at an alarming rate. Our calendar is already filling up with parties, school and church plays, and holiday activities.
Every year we make a list of the holiday things we want to do with our children. Seeing the lights, walking down town, and having friends over for dinner always makes that list. With all the activities piling up, I like to have easy desserts on hand to pull out for our company, so I am not in the kitchen longer than I need to be.
To make entertaining easier this holiday, I am keeping a few boxes of Pepperidge Farms® Puff Pastry in my freezer. You can find these in the freezer section of your grocery store. They come available in sheets, cups, and shells.
For today's treat, I am using a box of the sheets. Make sure you plan ahead and thaw the box of pastry sheets. You can either place them on your counter 40 minutes before you get started, or thaw them overnight in your refrigerator.
I tend to be forgetful when I get busy, so I placed them in my refrigerator the night before.
Unroll the sheets on a lightly floured surface, and gently roll them out to a 10 inch square. You will then cut that square into 4 equal squares and place them on your lightly greased baking sheet.
Fold under all the edges about ¼ of an inch. Use a fork to prick the center of the pastry, and then fill them with the cheesecake mixture.
After the tarts have baked and cooled, you will add the caramel topping. This is so easy to put together. Melt the caramel candies and whipping cream until creamy. Stir in the chopped pecans and spoon evenly over the tops of the tarts.
Give each tart a drizzle of melted chocolate, and they will be ready to impress all your holiday guests.
Connect more with Pepperidge Farms® Puff Pastry:
Also check out the Epicurious community today and sign up HERE.
- 1 box Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup caramel square candies (26 squares unwrapped)
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon shortening
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Unwrap the puff pastry sheets according to the package directions. Lay on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 10 inch square.
- Cut each sheet into 4 equal squares and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Roll under all the edges ¼ of an inch. Prick the centers with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and extract and beat again.
- Evenly spoon the cheesecake batter onto all 8 pastry squares. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Place the caramel squares and whipping cream in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium low heat until melted and creamy. Stir in the chopped pecans. Gently spoon over the tops of each tart.
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted. Spoon into a ziplock bag and cut on tip off. Drizzle over the tarts. Let set.
- Cut each square into 2-4 pieces if desired. Keep refrigerated in a sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
I'm always looking for ways to spark new creative ideas with my recipes. I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to check out more recipes at www.puffpastry.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. The opinions and text are all mine.