Milky Way Brownie Cups

These decadent looking Milky Way Brownie Cups are a great way to end dinner.  The best part…they only use 4 ingredients.

Milky Way Brownie Cups - 4 ingredients is all you need to make these decadent brownie bites http://www.insidebrucrewlife.com
My sister and her family are coming in a few days
and I decided that the our big bathroom needed to finally be redone…
with less than a week to do it.
It is the last room in the house with wallpaper from when we moved in.

The wallpaper look had run its course with me.
Can I just tell you that I think wallpaper paste is evil, evil stuff?
Now I’m sure if I had listened to everyone on Facebook
and had tried the Downy method, it might have come off easier.
But there was only a little bit left in the laundry room
and I saved it for you know, clothes.
My husband has been too busy this week to really help out,
so he told me I was kind of on my own on this project.
I am feeling kind of like Amy Wynn
(anyone remember her from Trading Spaces?)
So far I have stripped wallpaper, mudded and sanded the holes,
and primed the walls, and painted trim and the sink cabinet.
Now I just need to break out the power tools and cut some bead board…
probably going to need some help there.
Cutting out outlet holes could be a problem.
milky way brownie cups - tins
I might be regretting my hasty bathroom project.
It is Friday, and my family is coming Monday.
Oh yeah, and I have grocery shopping to do today
and cleaning up for a dinner we are having tonight.
milky way brownie cups - bites
Maybe I should have just stuck to the brownies and caramel thing…
that only ends in a sink full of dishes.
And dishes are sure a lot easier to do than
putting a bathroom back together.
milky way brownie cups - caramel
I have a feeling that a lot of chocolate is going to be needed
this weekend to get me through with minimal crabbiness.
These little Milky Way Brownie Cups filled with caramel
and nougat topping just might do the trick!!!
Have you ever started a big project
and then regretted it???
Milky Way Brownie Cups

Yield: 24 mini brownies

Milky Way Brownie Cups

Mini brownie cups filled with caramel and topped with a whipped chocolate nougat...best way to enjoy brownies!!!

1 brownie mix
1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
2 c. chocolate chips

1. Follow directions for brownies on box. Spoon 1 teaspoon into greased mini muffin tins. Bake for 12 minutes at 350*. Let the brownies cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then use a wooden tart shaper or spoon to push the centers in. Let cool 2 more minutes in the pan, then remove to wire rack and cool completely.
  2. In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips. Stir until completely smooth. Beat with mixer for 1 minute. Add Cool Whip and beat another minute.
  3. Spoon a small amount of caramel into each cup. Pipe chocolate whipped topping on top of caramel. Refrigerate until set. Store in a container in the refrigerator.

Comments

Oh no! I hope you finish in time! I can’t imagine starting such a huge project with such little time. Make sure you post pictures when you’re done so we can see your hard work!

I always start major projects with not enough time. I hope you are more successful then me and get it done by Monday. These brownie bites look like the perfect popable fuel.

Cute! The look delicious, too!

And the scones are wonderful. But – they did turn out to be a temptation to my husband so I won’t make them that often. He actually ate them. He tries not to eat many carbs and he doesn’t like coffee at or – or anything containing it, so I thought I was safe. Oh, well… I hid one wedge for breakfast and my coffee maker just quit, so I’m headed to get it now!

These look sooooooo good. I’m sure they’ll easily cure your crabbiness. And if any of your house guests comment on your in-progress bathroom, just play it off like that’s normal. “What bathroom under construction? That’s what it looks like everyday, I don’t know what you’re talking about…?”

Yes I start remodeeling my scrap room and then run out of steam half way through and it just ends up more of a mess than before. These cupps look delish – I will have to try to make some!

These looks great. I would love to invite you over for my “Get Inspired” blog party that has now opened up for links. You can link up to 3 posts if you are interested and my favorites and top clicked will be featured on my blog and facebook.

-Pamela, InspiredByFelicity.blogspot.com

Oh my, these brownie bites look amazing! Love the caramel in them! We loved having you join us at “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” Hope to see you back next week! -The Sisters

These are so delicious! I made them the other day and took them to a party. They were a huge hit! Thank you for sharing :) I was wondering if the leftovers needed to be put back in the fridge because of the cool whip in the frosting? How long can I let them sit out? The only other issue I was running into was how to pop those suckers out of the brownie tins without ruining their shape. Any tricks? I will definitely be making them again!!!

@Ashley…I am so glad you made them and liked them. Yes, they need refrigerated if they don’t get inhaled:-) I sprayed the pan with bakers joy first. Then after they come out of the oven only let them sit for 2-3 minutes in the pan or they are harder to remove. Use an edge of a knife to gently lift all around the cup before removing. Hope that helps:-)

These brownies look so delicious! I’ve just found your site today so I’m sure your bathroom is all together. I always hate the work of a redecorating project but sure do enjoy the results.

11. Heather says

These look so good and seem so easy… however… epic fail when I made these tonight! I followed the recipe exactly except that I used low fat brownie mix. So maybe that was the issue? My tart shaper kept sticking to the brownie and pulling bits off and I could not get these out of the pan for anything – I did spray the pan beforehand but there was no way these were coming out intact. I now have a huge bowl of brownie bits sitting on my counter. Was so hoping to have these for my party tomorrow.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I have made these quite a few times and never had them stick like that. I always use a regular brownie mix, so that would be what I would probably say was the issue. You could always make mini brownie trifles with the brownie crumbs.

Waaaah. Something went wrong? My brownies were perfect and I got to use my pampered chef tart shaper :). However the chocolate mousse topping was a fail. I melted 2 cups of Hershey’s chocolate chips over a double broiler. I whipped it with my cuisinart and added 1 tub of fat free cool whip. As the chocolate cooled it got hard and most of it was left in the bowl. What I did pipe into the brownies just oozed flat with no chocolate icing look like yours in the picture. They taste great, but the look is not so great….ideas??

Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear this. My first guess is that it is from the fat free Cool Whip. I always use regular for anything I make. The mixture should have been stiff enough to pipe through a decorator’s bag after you whipped in the Cool Whip. I’m glad they still taste good. Maybe swirl a little bit of Cool Whip on top of them and add some sprinkles to make them look better!

13. Emily says

These look so good! However, I too was unsuccessful!! Trying to get them out of the pan was a HUGE disaster! They all crumbled and fell apart and we’re not presentable in the least! I thought I did something wrong and made the mistake of making them again, for yet another disappointment!! Not only have I wasted 2 brownie mixes, but 21/2 hours of my time! With brownie crumbs, bits and pieces all over my kitchen…I still have to try and come up with a dessert for my party tomorrow…

I am so sorry to hear the brownies did not work for you. I have made brownie bites in muffin tins so many times without that problem. Did you use a non stick baking spray? PAM makes a baking one that works great. Also, how long did you bake them and leave them in the tins before removing them? Dessert for tomorrow…use the brownie crumbs and layer it with pudding and Cool Whip and make a trifle :-)