You are going to fall in love with these Espresso S’mores Cookies!
They are very fudgey even a couple days later.
Of course I recommend eating them straight from the oven…
seriously way better that way!!!!
And they are small,
so you can justify eating more than one at a time. 🙂
Always a plus in my world.
They also just might make a great wake up call in the morning…
So I took them with us when we visited my inlaws camp site this weekend,
and yup, they were amazing with a warm oooey gooey marshmallow inside two of these fab cookies.
It was way too dark for pictures to turn out,
so I came home and popped a couple of them in the microwave.
And I actually liked them better in the microwave because
the cookies got warm and gooey too!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 9 large marshmallows, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted. Let cool slightly.
- Beat the sugar and cooled chocolate until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat again.
- Combine the flour, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add this to the sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Refrigerate the dough until chilled.
- Roll dough into 36 balls. Place two inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until browned around the edges. Cool cookies completely on wire racks or on parchment paper.
- Place a few cookies at a time on a glass plate upside down. Top with half a marshmallow. Heat in microwave for about 10 seconds or until the marshmallow puffs up. Top with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and marshmallows. Make 18 s'mores cookies.
Recipe slightly adapted from Bake or Break
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.