Oh, it has been one of those days…
not motivated to do anything…
it was super cold…
even with the heat cranking!
I am over the cold and snow!
It was nice and I have enjoyed all the wintery stuff…
but Spring can come now.
Not motivated to do much of anything
because it hurts when I move.
I think it is due to the shredding…
who knew 20 minutes could do that to you?
(I moved up to level 2 and am regretting it…only slightly)
At least now I feel like I am working out a little bit harder…
gotta tell ya…not looking forward to level 3 though.
The only thing getting me through these workouts is my sugar fix…
now I know that if I keep up with my daily dose of calories
all the shredding in the world isn’t going to help me…
but I haven’t made a move to give up on sugar…yet;-)
Speaking of sugar…have I got a cookie for you…
Fudgy yummy cookies filled with
reese mini pb cups and
white chocolate chips!!!
Uggg I am drooling just typing about these delicious things.
I found the recipe in one of the
holiday cookie issues at Christmas…
and I finally got around to making it a couple weeks ago.
Sorry I have been holding out on you…
I had so many different recipes bookmarked…
it might take me the whole year to make them all.
I am just thankful that I took them to a meeting…
I am sure it wouldn’t have been good to leave me
home alone with these tasty little devils.
Have you met my new best friend???
Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups…
mini meaning I can eat way more because
little cups have little calories:-)
Now I said it was an ice cream flavor…
did you catch that in my title???
My fav ice cream is Moose Tracks…
it is the only ice cream that I can eat lots of.
For some odd reason I am not/or ever have been a big ice cream eater…
funny I know…since it is laden with sugar!!!
Any way Moose Tracks is
vanilla ice cream
mini peanut butter cups!
I decide to make a
mini peanut butter cups…
See, kinda like a take on Moose Tracks…
ok, never mind…on to the recipe:-)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped mini Rees's Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan combine the chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate, and the butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, and baking powder to a bowl. Stir in a little bit of the chocolate mixture with a spoon. Add the rest of the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and the mini peanut butter cups.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges are firm. Let cool on sheets for 2 minutes then remove to wax paper to cool all the way.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Keep the layer separated with wax paper.
Adapted from BH&G 100 Best Cookies Holiday Collection ’10