Happy happy Friday! I cannot believe this is THE last Friday of our summer vacation. It went by so quickly. Did anyone get through their summer bucket list? We definitely didn't get close to doing that kind of stuff...maybe it would have helped if we actually made a physical list. Put that on the mental list for next summer 🙂
I am off to do the last minute school supply and clothes shopping today. Wish me luck that it isn't all picked over.
I hope you enjoy all the instagrams and fun finds in todays post.
1. Last week we went hiking on our "retreat". Here are a few pictures from over the few days of "boot camp"...by the last day I think my husband was done with me taking pics of us.
2. We tried these delicious Fig Bars this week. They are the perfect after work out snack when you need a boost of energy to get going on the rest of your day. I have been eating one either in the morning after my work out or in the afternoon when I need the energy to think about getting dinner started. These fruit bars are healthy and satisfying, not to mention extremely tasty. Think of Fig Newton's times 100. These are so much better with the natural ingredients.
Nature's Bakery is a family owned business that supports healthy and active living. These all natural fig bars come in a variety of flavors too. The Apple Cinnamon is delicious slightly warmed up...if you were wondering. They are a great alternative to eating candy and cookies that have so much sugar. I really enjoyed all the flavors that I tried. My goal is to find the Blueberry Bar now in a store near me. I know I will love that one too.
3. Consider my mind blown with these Raspberry Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Sandwiches? I never would have thought to use graham crackers for the cookie part. Don't these look seriously so good? I think I need a batch in my freezer stat!
4. Ok, I'm totally going to self promote for a minute 🙂 How many of you know that I also run an etsy shop called The Trendy Owl? I make and sell cute fabric flower headbands over there. I used to do so much more with it a few years ago...then I started to make a lot more desserts, and I slowed down quite a bit. But lately I have been making more flowers in the evening. It is my way of staying creative without being tempted with all the sugar I create. This is a collage of 9 headbands that are available on the shop right now. *I also take custom orders so if you want me to match an outfit or you like a flower but want it in a different color, just send me a message and I can hook you up.
5. I seriously need to find this Mango Fire Cheddar cheese because it sounds down right delicious on these Ham and Mango Cheese Sliders. Holy yum!!!!
6. I was able to meet up with two of my fav blogger girls on two different days in July, I spent both days chit chatting food and blog stuff with Aimee (Shugary Sweets) and Liz (Love Grows Wild) I love that both of them live close enough that we can do this often. Next time we need to get all three of us together on the same day.
7. I'm pretty sure I need to start brewing extra coffee every single morning...just so I can indulge in one of these Mocha Frappuccinos every afternoon. Yikes! Do those look good or what?
8. Picking blueberries in the light rain is so much more fun than picking blueberries in the blazing heat. We had a blast getting wet and eating juicy berries. Usually the kids only pick for a few minutes because it is too hot to enjoy, but this year the rain gave them the energy to help me pick 11 pounds of blueberries. We made a few treats, but we ended up freezing most of them. That way I can pull them out slowly over the winter and bake.
9. Sprinkles and gooey cake bars...2 of my favorite things married together in these Funfetti Gooey Bars. They just make me smile...and then I want to eat them all!!!
10. Cute photography props are my down fall every.single.time! I absolutely love buying stuff from Shop Sweet Lulu. I mean seriously look at those mini egg cartons and mini milk jugs. I die from cuteness!
Have a fabulous weekend enjoying those last few school free days with your kiddos. I know we will.
*This post contains affiliate links. BruCrew Life received product to review, but no other compensation was given. We just really like trying out new things. All opinions are 100% our own.
How amazing do those Icecream sandwiches look? Yes, please! Sounds like you've had a wonderful summer! Enjoy the remaining days. Here we are in mid tropical winter. Beautiful clear days and we can enjoy the outdoors too!
It has been a great summer, one that flew right by that's for sure!! How lovely for you! I would love my winter to be a tropical winter, so jealous! 😉
Your etsy shop is adorable! My sister and I would love those headbands! So cute!!
Oh and your props!?! Wow, so fun! I have never heard of that site, but I am headed there now......I have a felling I could be in trouble!
Thanks so much Tieghan!! 😉 You will totally be in trouble with that site!! Haha!
Eat Good 4 Life
How fun. I love hiking. I am jealous, I wish I could meet some of the bloggers too but I don't think I live near any 🙁 Those Greek yogurt bars are awesome. So refreshing and healthy.
That stinks you don't know any bloggers near you!! These girls I've been able to become real life friends with are seriously the best!
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats
I LOVE those headbands. You are a women of many talents!!!!
Haha, thanks so much Julie!! 😉
Joan@Chocolate and More
I can't believe summer is over, my kids start back to school Monday morning. You and your hubby are so cute, only you can make a bicycle helmet look good, so adorable!
I didn't know about your etsy shop either. I'm not a headband person but I am a big barrett (for a big ponytail in the back) kinda girl and I could easily see the triple flower ones on a barrett. We need to talk about that one. (I'll e-mail you)
And this year was great for blueberries for us too, we got 4-5 gallons, my only trouble is my youngest eats them frozen like candy so they're almost all gone!
have a wonderful weekend <3
Thanks so much Joan! The triple flower would look great on a barrett!! We love to eat frozen blueberries too. So good for you! 😉
Aww thanks for the shout out!! Happy Friday!!
You're totally welcome! 😉
Same here....didn't know you had an ESTY SHOP ! Why don't you put a link on your blog ? Or perhaps there is one and I overlooked.....will check it out....
I too, can not believe summer is over....we hardly had any at all.....had my A/C on twice, and it was only shortly.....this entire summer.....never once did I get out of the shower and wasn't cold !!!!
Now I have put a quilt on my bed at nite.....soon will have to put my fleece sheets and electric blanket on.....
I have a link on the right side of the blog as you scroll down! It probably gets lost with all of the other advertising! 😉 yes, soon it will be on to cooler weather loveliness. I have to say that I'm ready! 😉
I looooove the little milk jugs. They're so fun!
And I love your etsy shop too! I didn't know you made headbands...I'm sorta a headband freak. I have tons and tons of them for newborns, high school seniors, and my daughter to use in photos. Haha!
Thanks Karly!! I'm totally gaga over the milk jugs, I have to admit! 😉
Those are way to cute photo props!! I didn't know you had an Esty shop! I have noticed in your pics the hairbands and thought they were super cute. I am not a headband type of gal but my daughter would go crazy over these! Thanks for sharing!
Yup, I've had my Etsy shop for quite a few years now! You should check it out! 😉
Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes
MMm those funfetti bars look good. Have a great weekend!
Yes they do!! 😉