These 4th of July Rice Krispie Treat Stars are a fun treat topped with patriotic M&M’s. Make a pan of these easy no bake treats for your Fourth of July picnics or BBQ’s.
I sure hope you are still looking for one more last minute dessert for your 4th of July picnics. I have the cutest and easiest treat for you to make. Trust me…you will be the star of the picnic when you show up with a pan of these cereal treats. Pun intended!
One of my favorite treats to make in the summer are Rice Krispie Treats. In just 10 minutes, you can have a pan of marshmallow treats chilling on the counter. No bake treats with little work are how I roll when it’s too hot to bake.
I’m also a big fan of making themed desserts for the holidays, so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make one more red white and blue treat to go with these Firecracker Marshmallow Pops.
These patriotic Rice Krispie Treat stars are so easy to make with just a few ingredients and a 3 1/2 inch star cookie cutter.
You will need butter, a bag of marshmallows, Rice Krispie cereal, white chocolate melts, and patriotic M&M’s to make these stars.
How to make 4th of July Rice Krispie Treat Stars:
- Melt the butter over low heat and then stir in the marshmallows.
- Stir the mixture over low to medium heat until completely melted and creamy.
- Add the Rice Krispie cereal and stir until everything is coated.
- Press the mixture into a 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Use the spray on your hands to keep the cereal from sticking while you press it gently yet firmly into the pan.
- Let the Rice Krispie Treats cool.
- Use a star cookie cutter to cut out 12 stars from the mixture.
- Melt the white chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl and dip the tops of the stars in the melted chocolate.
- Arrange the M&M’s on top of the stars and let set.
These easy star shaped treat are perfect for Memorial Day and Fourth of July, and they would also be perfect for Marvel themed birthday parties.
After you cut out the stars you will have quite a few pieces of the cereal treats left. Now you have two options that you can decide between.
- Eat all the scraps throughout the day.
- Roll the pieces into 12 balls and serve them with the stars.
I would recommend option 2 because it’s the safer option. If you are like me, Rice Krispie Treats can be hazardous to your health. Once I start, I will literally eat them all!!!!
How do you keep Rice Krispie Treats soft?
- Use extra marshmallows in your treats.
- Make sure you are melting the butter and marshmallows over low heat.
- Do not over stir the melted marshmallows.
- Be sure to use fresh marshmallows
Can you make Rice Krispie Treats in the microwave?
- Add the butter and marshmallows to a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Heat an addition minute if needed.
- Add cereal and stir.
- Press into a greased pan and let cool.
How do you cut Rice Krispie Treats with a cookie cutter?
- Let the cereal treats completely cool.
- Spray the inside of the cookie cutter with nonstick baking spray.
- Press firmly into the Krispie treats and gently wiggle.
- Lift up slowly pulling the edges of the treats away from the cookie cutter.
- Push the cereal treats out of the cookie cutter and place on wax paper.
Other Red White and Blue recipes you may like:
Red, white, and blue sprinkles add a fun flair to this easy no bake S’mores Popcorn. Perfect snack to munch on while watching fireworks.
Blueberries and raspberries on the top of this Lemon Cream Berry Pie give it a fun flag effect.
Swirls of colors will make this Red White and Blue Bundt Cake the talk of all your picnics! Easy and so pretty!
This Patriotic Party Mix is loaded with red white and blue candies and sprinkles! Such a great sweet and salty treat!
Layers of fruit, yogurt, and granola make these Healthy Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits an easy and fresh picnic choice.
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 - 10 ounce bag miniature marshmallows (6 cups)
- 5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 - 10 ounce bag white chocolate melts
- 1 bag Red White and Blue M&M's
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Place the butter in a large pot and heat over low heat until melted.
- Stir in the marshmallows and continue to heat over low heat until melted and creamy.
- Add the cereal and stir until everything is coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Spray your hands with nonstick spray and press firmly yet gently into the pan.
- Let cool completely. Use a 3 1/2 inch star cookie cutter to cut out 12 stars. Place them on wax paper. Roll the remaining scraps into 12 balls.
- Melt the white chocolate melts according to the package directions.
- Dip the tops of the stars one at a time in the melted chocolate. Add red, white, and blue M&M's to the tops and let set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g