These easy 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats are cut into fun star shapes and decorated with red, white, and blue M&M's. Add this exciting twist to everyone's favorite Rice Krispie Treat recipe!
Why Make These
I sure hope you are still looking for one more last minute dessert for your 4th of July picnics. I have the cutest and easiest treat for you to make. Trust me...you will be the star of the picnic when you show up with a pan of these cereal treats. Pun intended!
One of my favorite treats to make in the summer are M&M rice krispie treats. In just 10 minutes, you can have a pan of marshmallow treats chilling on the counter. No bake treats with little work are how I roll when it's too hot to bake.
These Reese's rice krispie treats and these Oreo krispie treats with sprinkles are a couple that we love to bring to summer picnics.
I'm also a big fan of making themed desserts for the holidays, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make one more red white and blue M&M rice krispie treats to go with these Fourth of July marshmallow pops.
These star shaped treats are so easy to make with just a few ingredients and a 3 ½ inch star cookie cutter. Kids of all ages love using melted chocolate and red white and blue M&M's to make decorated rice krispie treats.
- Butter - salted or unsalted is fine.
- Marshmallows - make sure you use a fresh bag. Stale marshmallows can make your cereal treats hard.
- Rice Krispies Cereal - The limited edition Rice Krispies with red and blue pieces make these patriotic rice krispie treats so colorful. If you can't find that cereal, use regular rice krispies and add red white and blue sprinkles to the mixture.
- White Chocolate Melting Wafers - The Ghirardelli melting wafers are my favorite for candies and truffles. It melts easily and tastes delicious.
- Red White and Blue M&M's - holiday candies always make desserts and treats so fun.
How to Make
These easy red white and blue rice krispie treats are the perfect no bake dessert for Memorial Day and Fourth of July. Planning a Marvel or Avengers themed birthday party? The rice krispie treat stars would make a great party snack.
- Melt the butter over low heat and then stir in the marshmallows.
- Stir the mixture over low to medium heat until completely melted and creamy.
- Add the Rice Krispie cereal and stir until everything is coated.
- Press the mixture into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Use the spray on your hands to keep the cereal from sticking while you press it gently yet firmly into the pan.
- Let the Rice Krispie Treats cool.
- Use a star cookie cutter to cut out 12 stars from the mixture.
- Melt the white chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl and dip the tops of the stars in the melted chocolate.
- Arrange the M&M's on top of the stars and let set.
Tips and Tricks
- Use fresh marshmallows to keep your treats soft and chewy.
- Melt everything over low heat.
- Do not press the mixture into the pan too firmly. Pressing too hard will result in hard to bite treats.
- Roll the leftover cereal treat pieces into 12 balls after cutting out the rice krispie treat stars.
More Holiday Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispies
- Football Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Peppermint Rice Krispie Roll Ups
How do you store krispie treats?
- Counter - Store Rice Krispie marshmallow treats in a tightly sealed container or bag on the counter for 2-3 days.
- Refrigerator - The treats will keep in the refrigerator for 4-6 days if kept in an airtight container.
- Freezer - To keep marshmallow cereal treats longer, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for 1-2 months.
How do you make soft rice krispie treats?
- Use extra marshmallows in your treats.
- Make sure you are melting the butter and marshmallows over low heat.
- Do not over stir the melted marshmallows.
- Be sure to use fresh marshmallows
Can you make rice krispie treats in the microwave?
- Add the butter and marshmallows to a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Heat an addition minute if needed.
- Add cereal and stir.
- Press into a greased pan and let cool.
How do you cut rice krispie treats?
- Let the cereal treats cool completely.
- Spray the inside of the cookie cutter with nonstick baking spray.
- Press firmly into the Krispie treats and gently wiggle.
- Lift up slowly pulling the edges of the treats away from the cookie cutter.
- Push the cereal treats out of the cookie cutter and place on wax paper.
Other Red White and Blue Desserts
- Smores Popcorn
- Lemon Berry Pie
- 4th of July Bundt Cake
- Patriotic Party Mix
- Strawberry Parfait recipe
- 4th of July Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Firecracker Cupcakes
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Rice Krispie Treat Stars was first published July 2, 2019. The post was updated and republished June 22, 2021.
My kid and I made it today, and we did have a really fun time! thanks
I noticed the treats are red, white & blue as well but it didn’t give that step to making them that way. Help?
The Rice Krispie cereal that I used had red and blue piece of cereal in it. That's what gives that stars the extra color.