Need a fun and easy treat for those Halloween parties this year? These Candy Corn M&M Fudge Brownies have an impressive look that doesn’t take much time to create.
So the other day I had my little photo “studio” set up right by my front window. This window is right next to the front door with our mailbox right outside that. It was probably noonish (maybe later), and I was sitting on the floor taking pictures of some sort of sugar food. Now if I was a morning person who liked to be up and ready to tackle the day, this wouldn’t be anything to talk about. But…I was still in my pj’s and my hair was in a ponytail.
Yeah, I was looking like your stereotypical housewife. The pony tail was pretty messy with no cute headband to be found. Down right frump city going on I tell you! Gotta love working from home! It has its perks! Although my hubby laughs at me every day when he comes home for lunch.
This particular day I happened to look up and see the mail lady walking across the street. That meant she was headed to our house next.
In a split second I made the executive decision to lie down flat on the floor by the window. She has seen me too many times in this situation, and I decided today was going to be different. Don’t ask me why I didn’t just jump up and run to the kitchen. I’m not sure what was going through my head.
So, yeah, there I was lying on my living room floor holding a camera and just waiting to hear the lid to my mail box go down. I couldn’t help but laugh at myself because seriously I’m quite the dork. I don’t think the mail lady cares what I look like at noon.
Although since then, I have made it a point to be ready slightly earlier in the day. You know, by at least 11:30 🙂 So, maybe it was a good thing I had this floor experience.
I’m thinking it really means I didn’t have enough brownies in me for the day. When you eat brownies this pretty and tasty…you won’t care if anyone judges you for being a lazy slug all day long.
Go ahead and make a pan of your favorite brownies. They can be homemade brownies or a box mix…you do what feels right.
Now for the fudge on top. Don’t you love that tie dyed look? It is seriously so easy to do.
Three ingredients melted together…easy peasy fudge huh? But today we are jazzing it up. Divide the hot fudge into 3 bowls and tint 2 of the bowls orange and yellow. I like to use the Wilton gel colors because they do not affect the chocolate texture. I also use a toothpick to add my color to the fudge. You decide how dark you want your colors. Before you put the fudge on the brownies, heat the bowls in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. We want the mixture to pour easily.
Then start spooning the fudge on top randomly. You want to make sure you place spoonfuls of each color all over the top. Go ahead and put some colors on top of the other colors. After you get all of it on the top, take a knife and swirl it gently. Do not do that too much, or your colors will start to mix. Let it set up at least 4 hours, 2 in the refrigerator and 2 on the counter. Use a hot knife to cut into squares and then go to town chowing down on the pretty fudge.
I topped each square with a Candy Corn M&M because it just looked like they needed something. If you can find them, I recommend it, but it isn’t necessary. Use regular candy corn if that is all you have.
Maybe the next time I see the mail lady headed to my house, and I’m standing there in my jammies…I should open the door and hand her a brownie. I’m sure that would make all her thoughts of me vanish. Unless that makes her remember me more…hhhmmm.
Maybe I should just stick to lying on the floor 🙂
Stay up to date on all the BruCrew baking here:
- 1 - 9x13 brownie mix
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- orange and yellow gel food coloring
- Candy Corn M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix the brownie mix according to thepackage directions. Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake the brownies for 28-30 minutes or until done. Let cool completely.
- In a large saucepan combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk over low heat. Stir until melted and creamy.
- Add the marshmallow cream and stir until creamy again. Divide the melted fudge into 3 glass bowls.
- Use a toothpick to add a small amount of the gel food coloring to two of the bowls. Slowly add more color until it is the desired color. If the fudge starts to thicken, place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- After you have the three colors the shade that you want, place each bowl in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir.
- Quickly drop spoonfuls of each color all over the top of the cooled brownies. After you have all the fudge spooned on, take a knife and swirl the colors. Do not swirl too much, or the colors will start to go together.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and use a knife to score the top of the brownies into 72 squares. Place an M&M on each square. Let set for another 2 hours before cutting all the way through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Other fun treats using candy corn:
Reese’s Turkeys (with a Candy Corn Tail)