but I bet you didn’t know I can cook too.That’s ok…
apparently my kids don’t know either 🙂
This is a condensed version of a conversation
we had the other night on our way home from running errands.
“Ok guys, I want you to do your chores while I grill burgers for dinner.”
“Grill? Do you even know how to use Daddy’s grill?”
“Are these going to taste good?”Me:
“Of course I know how to use the grill and yes, they will taste great.”
“I don’t know about this.”
“We have never seen you use the grill.”
“Mom, you are a good cake baker, not a griller.”
(honest! my youngest said that last statement)
“Fine then, you can just eat cupcakes for dinner instead of burgers.”
I fired up the grill and made some mean burgers.
My kids even grudgingly admitted
they were “almost” as good as Daddy’s.
I will take the almost…
but I guess it is time I stepped up my A game
in the dinner department 🙂
It just isn’t as fun and relaxing as baking.
I enjoy making brownies and cupcakes…
Did someone say cupcake?
How about a Chocolate Butterscotch Cupcake
complete with Butterscotch Frosting and Heath Sprinkles??
Yup, you’re gonna want one of these bad boys!
Poke the chocolate cupcakes with a straw after baking to create holes.
Warm butterscotch ice cream topping is slowly drizzled in the holes
and butterscotch butter cream is swirled on top.
Heath toffee bits sprinkled on top totally put these over the top!
MMMMmmmm decadent perfection!
Gonna need a tall cold glass of milk to wash these down.
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups butterscotch ice cream topping, divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix up the cake batter according to the package directions. Bake in 24 cupcakes liners for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Use a straw to poke 5-6 holes in the top of each cupcake.
- Heat 1 cup of the butterscotch ice cream topping in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it is pourable. Drizzle topping into the holes in each cupcake. Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter and shortening until creamy. Add the vanilla, salt, and 1/4 cup ice cream topping and beat again. Slowly add the powdered sugar until completely mixed in. Beat on medium - high for 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Top each cupcake with a swirl of frosting. Sprinkle with toffee pieces. Makes 24 cupcakes. Store cupcakes in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.