One of these days I will learn to do stuff ahead of time.
I WILL learn to stop procrastinating.
I will stop the bad habit of knowing what I need to do
and waiting until the last minute to start working on things.
Take my son’s pirate party for example.
We picked the theme about a month ago.
Now the smart thing to do
would have been to do something each week to get ready.
You know things like cute handmade labels for the drink cups,
because I couldn’t find ones in the store that I liked.
Labels for the candy bags, labels for the 2 liter bottles,
a hand painted crossbones welcome sign…
you know fun details that make a party, well…FUN.
But doing stuff that early would have been too smart.
Instead I waited until this week (like Tuesday) to start
making things for a party that is tonight.
So the last few days have been filled with all things piratey.
Yea, that sounds about right.
The stress of doing too much in too little time might be catching up to me.
Me thinks that I need to walk the plank into
a bowl full of cookie dough to revive my soul.
The cookie I am about to share with you will do.
Excuse me while I go eat a cookie instead of finishing up skeleton candies…
What? Procrastinating again???
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well. Stir in the coffee water.
- Combine the dry ingredients and slowly start stirring into the batter. Stir in the nuts and chocolate gently.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheets about 2 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.