Layers of creamy tart cheesecake and soft chewy cookies make these Key Lime Cheesecake Cookie Bars a delicious dessert to make and share.
These Key Lime Cheesecake Cookie Bars are some of my favorites to make. For some reason though I haven’t made them in forever.
A few weeks ago I was wanting to make my hubby a yummy treat for us to enjoy after the kids went to bed.
He loves cheesecake, and I love chocolate chip cookies. These bars are just perfect for us!!!
I made and posted these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars a few years ago.
But this time I wanted to jazz them up. Enter in the key lime and sprinkles…and home made chocolate chip cookie dough!!!
My husband LOVES key lime pie so, it was kind of a no brainer to try adding it into this bar.
And sprinkles make everything just that much more fun!!!
For the Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup colored sprinkles
For the Cheesecake
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter, shortening, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time while slowly beating.
- Mix together the baking soda, salt, and flour, and add a little bit at a time to the butter mixture until it is all incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles by hand. Press half the cookie dough into the prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, flour, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the lime juice and beat until creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the dough in the pan. Crumble the rest of the cookie batter over the cheesecake. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for an hour, then refrigerate to until chilled completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g