Enjoy chocolate chip cookies AND cheesecake in these easy to make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars. These delicious cheesecake cookie bars come together in minutes and will be a hit at every party or picnic.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
These cheesecake cookie bars combine two favorite desserts into one easy to hold cookie bar. The combination of chocolate chip cookies and vanilla cheesecake will have you going back for another slice in a hurry.
One of the best thing about these cheesecake cookie bars is that everything bakes all at once. No scooping and baking pans of cookies. They are always a big hit every time we bring them to dinner parties or picnics.
When I first started making this chewy chocolate chip cookie bar recipe years ago, I used a roll of refrigerated cookie dough. But since I don't always have that on hand, I started making the cheesecake bars with homemade chocolate chip cookie dough. In my opinion, the homemade ones are better!
Cheesecake bars are also so easy to customize. You can change up the cookie dough with different chips, nuts, sprinkles, or candies. One of the favorites in our house are these Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Bars.
Ingredients for Cheesecake Cookie Bars
You will need some basic pantry ingredients to make these cookie dough cheesecake bars. Each layer comes together easily, so you can make the cheesecake bars in minutes.
For the Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butter & Shortening - the combination of fats gives the cookies flavor and keeps them soft
- Sugars - using granulated and brown sugar sweetens the dough and keeps the cookie layer soft and chewy
- Eggs - binds the ingredients together
- Vanilla & Salt - for flavor
- Baking Soda - allows the dough to rise properly
- Flour - stabilizes the dough. Make sure to measure it using the spoon and sweep method, so you don't add too much.
- Chocolate Chips - white, milk, semi-sweet, or dark are great in these cookie bars. Mint chips would be awesome too.
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream Cheese - make sure to set the block out ahead of time, so it is soft and ready to go.
- Sugar - granulated sugar sweetens the cheesecake filling and helps smooth out the cream cheese
- Egg - binds the ingredients together
- Vanilla - gives the cheesecake a good flavor
- Flour - thickens it and keeps it from cracking
BRUCREW TIP: Want to save time making these cheesecake cookie bars? Use an 18 ounce roll of pre-made refrigerated cookie dough instead of making your own.
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
These cookie dough cookie bars are a great mash up of chocolate chip cookies and creamy cheesecake. The cookie crust makes it easy to hold each piece making this a great picnic or potluck dessert.
- Preheat the oven and spray a 8x8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter, shortening, and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until a soft dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press HALF the chocolate chip cookie dough into the prepared pan.
- In another bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg, flour, and vanilla and mix again.
- Pour the vanilla cheesecake on top of the cookie dough crust.
- Crumble the remaining chocolate chip cookie dough on top of the cheesecake layer and bake.
- Let the cream cheese cookie bars cool for an hour on the counter, then refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled all the way through.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you store these cheesecake cookie bars?
Keep the chocolate chip cheesecake bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Can you freeze cream cheese cookie bars?
Yes, you can.Freeze individual cheesecake bars in small freezer bags or wrap the whole pan of cookies in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for 1-2 months. Place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw before serving.
Other Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Milky Way Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Squares
- Key Lime Cream Cheese Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookie Bars
More Easy Cookie Bars
- Blonde Brownies
- Congo Bars
- Funfetti Bars
- Baked Peanut Butter Bars
- Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Take 5 Candy Bar
- Reeses Peanut Butter Bars
*The post for these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars was originally published in May 2009. The photos were updated June 2017 and the post was republished on February 25, 2019.
I noticed it list both 8x8 and 9x13 pan just hoping to find out which one it is
The recipe that says the 8x8 pan is correct. Thank you for letting me know I have the wrong thing in the text...going to fix that now. 🙂
Thank you for the response! I have everything to make this tomorrow so excited, cheers!
Made these and added funfetti jimmies into the cookie dough. Bday cake is always my fav. Super fun recipe!
Sprinkles always make everything better! I'm glad you liked the bars!
Teneka J Smith
I came across this recipe last week. I'm super excited to make these for my birthday next week! I hope mine come out just as delicious as these look.
My kids would love these! What a yummy treat.
These are to die for!
These are SO amazing!
Mmmm..gooey & delicious!! These are gone so fast in my house!
This won't last long in my house! Super easy and yummy!
Melissa J Cornell
I made this for Christmas, and it was gone in minutes..if that. Very Easy and very good!!