A creamy layer of cheesecake and a chewy cookie crust will have you reaching for more of these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars in a hurry.
These easy cheesecake cookie bars are one of my favorite desserts to make. I have been making them for as long as I can remember.
The layers of cookie dough and cheesecake are always a big hit every time we bring them to dinner parties or picnics.
When I first started making this chewy chocolate chip cookie bars recipe years ago, I used refrigerated cookie dough. Ok, if I’m being honest, I still make them that way when I’m in a hurry.
But there are those times when you just want a homemade cookie bar in your life, so I made this batch with a homemade chocolate chip cookie dough.
One of my favorite ways to make these easy cheesecake cookie bars during the summer is to add some citrus love to the cheesecake. These Key Lime Cheesecake Cookie Bars with sprinkles are so fun for summer picnics and potlucks.
Over the top and crazy fun desserts are just how I roll because I can’t say no to fun combos. But sometimes plain and simple has to happen.
My kids devoured this pan of Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars in no time at all. They kept going to the fridge to grab another piece and saying how delicious and amazing these chocolate chip cookie bars were.
And the one thing that gets the rave reviews are the simple ones. Maybe I should take that in to consideration the next time I head to the kitchen…
How to make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars:
- Preheat the oven and spray a 8×8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the homemade cookie dough and press HALF of it into the prepared pan. (You can also use a refrigerated roll of cookie dough if you like.)
- Make the cheesecake filling and pour on top of the cookie dough crust.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough on top of the cheesecake layer and bake.
- Let cool for an hour on the counter before refrigerating until chilled all the way through.
More easy cookie bars that you should check out:
- M&M Blonde Brownies
- Congo Bars
- Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Bars
- Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
For the Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
For the Cheesecake
- 1 - 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter, shortening, and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir together the baking soda, salt, and flour. Slowly beat into the butter mixture until a soft dough comes together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chunks gently. Press half the cookie dough in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add the egg and flour and mix again. Pour on top of the cookie dough in the pan.
- Crumble the remaining dough on top of the cheesecake gently. Bake for 42-44 minutes.
- Remove and cool for one hour on the counter. Refrigerate until chilled completely.
* You can also use an 18 ounce roll of refrigerated cookie dough in place of the homemade dough. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 6g
*The post and recipe for these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars was originally published in May 2009. It has been updated and republished on February 25, 2019.