Mocha Pumpkin Spice Cookies with sprinkles are a fun cookie to share with your friends and family. They are the perfect party treat too.
I am getting myself ready to bake lots and lots of cookies this year. Do I need them? Does anyone want them? That's probably a no to both questions, but it still isn't going to stop me from making tons of cookies. I'm sure I can find someone to help me eat them all.
This year I was excited to buy the Pumpkin Spice kisses again. I bought a bag of them right away, but then the bag just sat there in the cupboard. Unopened. Lonely. There was no way I could open the bag for just one kiss...I have self control issues, and those kisses would have been gone. Not to mention that my family sees an open bag of candy, they think it is fair game. Lately some of the unopened bags have been opened mysteriously!
Maybe it's time to find a new hiding place.
The pumpkin kisses sat there until I decided to make a dark chocolate cookie. I did add a little bit of coffee flavor just to amp up that chocolate. You really can't taste a coffee flavor. It is there to make the chocolate deeper and richer.
I rolled these in sugar just like the popular peanut butter blossom cookie. Don't you love how sparkly the sugar looks on the dark chocolate cookie? As soon as they come out of the oven, you will top each cookie with a pumpkin spice kiss. Be very gentle when you move the cookie to your cooling rack. The kiss will melt and become very soft. As long as you do not shake the cookie, it will harden back into the kiss shape as the cookie cools. Add some sprinkles to the tops of each kiss while they are still soft.
Or you can do it like I did...because I forgot. Get out the blow dryer and lightly blow warm air onto the kisses. When they start to get shiny, top with some sprinkles and let set again.
Stay up to date on all the BruCrew baking here:
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- ⅔ cup dark cocoa powder (Hershey's)
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 36 Hershey's Pumpkin Spice kisses, foil removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and ¾ cup sugar. Add the egg and yogurt and beat until creamy. Sift together the cocoa powder, coffee, baking soda, and flour. Slowly beat into the sugar mixture.
- Place the extra ¼ granulated sugar in a small bowl. Roll the dough into 36 balls and roll in sugar before placing on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* for 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- Place an unwrapped kiss on each cookie and move to a wire rack to cool completely. Top with sprinkles while is still wet. Do not move until the kiss hardens completely. Store in a airtight container between wax paper layers. Makes 36 cookies.
*Use your favorite Hershey kiss if you can't find the pumpkin kisses. Caramel would be awesome on these too!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
Other pumpkin spice treats that are perfect for parties: