These easy Owl Moon Pies are a fun treat that the kids can help you make for Halloween parties. Chocolate, candies, and cookies transform store bought treats into the cutest fall treats.
Yeah. I am that dorky mom that makes the most awesome, most coolest treats to send in for the class party! Don’t you agree that these Owl Moon Pies were just too cute not to make this year?
Thank you Southern Living for this super cuuuuute idea. As soon as I saw it in the magazine, there was no other treat that would do. (of course I love anything owl related right now)
So, yes, I made 70 of these bad boys for 3 class parties, and yes, I attached a tag that said Happy “Owl”oween!
My husband says I am going to be known as the mom with the bad jokes but you know what? I don’t care, cause these turned out freaking adorable!!!!!
Whooooo knew Moon Pies, Oreos, and Candy Corn could be so adorable?!?!?
Owl Moon Pies recipe:
- 12 mini Moon Pies
- 12 pieces of candy corn
- 24 mini brown M&M's candies
- 48 mini Oreo cookies
- 2 ounces melting chocolate
- chocolate sprinkles
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions. Dip the end of the lollipop sticks in the chocolate and stick through the bottom middle of the Moon Pies.
- Lay out the Moon Pies on a tray. Use a spoon to place a small amount of chocolate on the back side of the Oreo cookie halves that have the frosting still on them.
- Gently place them on the Moon Pies where you want the eyes. Use a toothpick to place chocolate on one side of each M&M candy, one at a time. Repeat the same step with the candy corn for the nose.
- Use a spoon to place a little bit of chocolate at the top of the Moon Pie. Sprinkle with the chocolate sprinkles to give the owls some hair. Let set.
*You can wrap these individually in small cellophane bags and tie with bakers twine.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 420 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 502mg Carbohydrates: 112g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4.2g Sugar: 57g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6.5g