I was cleaning up some photo folders on our computer and,
I realized that I have so many recipes from this summer that I still haven't shared.
Peanut butter cookies made with Kit Kat candy bars and filled with vanilla ice cream are a sweet treat for those hot summer days.
I'm sure that means I bake way too much and should probably slow down...
yeah, like that's going to happen 🙂
And I have the stretchy pants to prove it!!!
Gotta love bringing out the jeans and hoodies.
I am so excited for my favorite season to be here non stop!!!
In the evening my husband got out our fire pit and we enjoyed a blazing fire.
The irony in this...we were huddled around the fire to keep warm...
while eating ice cream!!!
I came to the realization that just because summer is gone (I hope),
doesn't mean we stop eating ice cream here.
And I'm betting that most of you keep eating ice cream too.
So, I think I am safe to share the couple ice cream goodies from this summer.
What could be better?
Oh yeah, TWO of these cookies and vanilla ice cream in the middle.
Sandwich cookies are the best because you get 2 cookies + filling every time you have just one.
I definitely need to make more filled cookies just for that reason alone 🙂
And you wonder why I wear stretchy pants...
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups chopped white chocolate Kit Kat bars
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the peanut butter, butter, honey, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Sift together the salt, baking soda, flour, and oats in another bowl, then slowly add them to the creamed mixture. Do not over beat. Stir in the candy bars by hand. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Place on a baking sheet with 2 inches around each one.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a cookie and top with another one. Makes 24 sandwiches. Store in a sealed container in the freezer if ice cream is in the middle.
*Let the cookies thaw slightly before trying to eat the ice cream sandwiches if they have been frozen for awhile.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 7g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.