Serve up some eye popping fun this year! Oozing red gel frosting and a candy eye add a fun and spooky flair to these Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs.
These easy no bake peanut butter balls are an awesome treat for Halloween or Walking Dead parties!
Every year at this time our boys ask if I am going to make spooky Halloween eyeballs again. A few years ago I jazzed up some peanut butter buckeyes for a party, and now they want a batch of eyes for Halloween every year.
Most of the treats and goodies that I make around here are crazy ideas that I have come up, so if the boys request a dessert, I jump and make it right away.
I am definitely used to gross things like boogers, farts, and burps because I live with three boys. So, oozing bloody eyeballs do not phase me at all.
Ok not true because if I actually had to see that kind of thing in real life I would be grossed out! This bloodshot eyeballs recipe is cool because it is just candy and frosting.
A few years ago the boys were super pumped to watch the new season of The Walking Dead. I have to admit, I have NOT gotten into this show, even though they keep trying to get me to watch.
First of all, I would have to binge watch zombies for a long time to catch up, and that idea doesn’t thrill me. Finally, it is about zombies. I really have a ton of other things I could be working on.
My husband saw these Halloween peanut butter truffle eyeballs chilling on the counter, and he said they look like Glenn’s eyeball. Because they had told me what happened in that particular episode, I knew what he was talking about.
But then he pulled up replays, and made me watch the eyeball scene. Eeeewww eeeewwww! I have no idea how people watch this show! Trust me! Do not google this!
Due to all the blood in that one scene, I would much rather be in the kitchen baking up fun treats like these Frankenstein Marshmallows rather than watching gore and zombie guts. Just saying!
Now you should recognize this recipe because it is the same as our easy Peanut Butter Balls but with a Halloween twist! Or a Walking Dead twist if that’s how you roll.
How to make Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs:
- Mix together the butter, peanut butter, marshmallow, and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until it forms a dough.
- Roll into 36 balls and place on a wax paper lined tray in the refrigerator.
- Use a toothpick to dip the peanut butter balls in melted white chocolate. Let set on wax paper.
- Squeeze a circle of red gel on top of the peanut butter and chocolate eyeballs.
- Use a toothpick to drag some of the gel down the sides of the eyeballs.
- Top with a large candy eye and let set.
More easy Halloween desserts:
- Pudding Filled Dirt Cupcakes
- Reese’s Owls
- Creepy Crawly Brownie Pizzas
- Chocolate Dipped Halloween Apple Rings
- Spooky Snack Mix
- Halloween Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
- More Halloween recipes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 10 ounce bag white candy melts
- 1 - 2 ounce tube red sparkle gel
- 36 large candy eyes
- Mix together the butter, peanut butter, marshmallow, vanilla, and salt until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Roll the mixture into 36 even balls. Place on a wax paper lined tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions. Use a toothpick to dip each peanut butter ball.
- Place on the wax paper lined tray. Cover the toothpick hole with more chocolate. Let set.
- Squeeze a circle of red gel on the top of each peanut butter ball. Use a toothpick to drag the side down the sides of each truffle.
- Top with the candy eyes. Let set. Store in a loosely sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
*The post for Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs was first published on October 26, 2016. The post was updated and republished on October 29, 2019.