Serve up some eye popping fun this year! Oozing red gel frosting and a candy eye add a fun and spooky flair to these Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs.
These easy no bake peanut butter balls are an awesome treat for Halloween or Walking Dead parties!
Every year at this time our boys ask if I am going to make spooky Halloween eyeballs again. A few years ago I jazzed up some peanut butter buckeyes for a party, and now they want a batch of eyes for Halloween every year.
Most of the treats and goodies that I make around here are crazy ideas that I have come up, so if the boys request a dessert, I jump and make it right away.
I am definitely used to gross things like boogers, farts, and burps because I live with three boys. So, oozing bloody eyeballs do not phase me at all.
Ok, not true because if I actually had to see that kind of thing in real life I would be grossed out! This bloodshot eyeballs recipe is cool because it is just candy and frosting.
A few years ago the boys were super pumped to watch the new season of The Walking Dead. I have to admit, I have NOT gotten into this show, even though they keep trying to get me to watch.
First of all, I would have to binge watch zombies for a long time to catch up, and that idea doesn’t thrill me. Finally, it is about zombies. I really have a ton of other things I could be working on.
My husband saw these Halloween peanut butter truffle eyeballs chilling on the counter, and he said they reminded him of the episode with Glenn’s eyeball. Because they had told me what happened in that particular episode, I knew what he was talking about.
But then he pulled up old replays, and made me watch the eyeball scene. Eeeewww eeeewwww! I have no idea how people watch this show! Trust me! Do not google this!
Due to all the blood in that one scene, I would much rather be in the kitchen baking up fun treats like these Frankenstein Marshmallows or these cute No Bake Halloween Cheesecake Parfaits rather than watching gore and zombie guts. Just saying!
Now you should recognize this recipe because it is the same as our easy Peanut Butter Balls but with a Halloween twist! Or a Walking Dead twist if that’s how you roll.
How to make Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs:
- Mix together the butter, peanut butter, marshmallow, and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until it forms a dough.
- Roll into 36 balls and place on a wax paper lined tray in the refrigerator.
- Use a toothpick to dip the peanut butter balls in melted white chocolate. Let set on wax paper.
- Squeeze a circle of red gel on top of the peanut butter and chocolate eyeballs.
- Use a toothpick to drag some of the gel down the sides of the eyeballs.
- Top with a large candy eye and let set.
More easy Halloween desserts:
- Pudding Filled Dirt Cupcakes
- Reese’s Owls
- Creepy Crawly Brownie Pizzas
- Chocolate Dipped Halloween Apple Rings
- Spooky Snack Mix
- Halloween Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
- More Halloween recipes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) bag white candy melts
- 1 (2 ounce) tube red sparkle gel
- 36 large candy eyes
- Beat together the butter, peanut butter, marshmallow, vanilla, and salt until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Roll the mixture into 36 even balls. Place on a wax paper lined tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the package directions. Use a toothpick to dip the peanut butter balls one at a time.
- Place the dipped balls on a wax paper lined tray. Cover the toothpick hole with more white chocolate. Let set.
- Squeeze a circle of red gel on the top of each peanut butter ball. Place a candy eyeball on top and press down gently.
- Use a toothpick to drag the side down the sides of each truffle. Let set. Store in a loosely sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs was first published on October 26, 2016. The post was updated and republished on October 8, 2020.