Are you looking for a new spooky treat to make this year? These Oreo stuffed Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are so delicious and make the perfect party food. Best of all, this is an easy rice krispie treat recipe that even kids can help with.
Do you love rice krispie treats? We do too. There is just something about those gooey cereal bars. I also love making different fun rice krispie treat variations.
Everyone went bonkers when I shared these Reese’s rice krispie treats a few years ago. The hidden layer of candy seriously makes them the best rice krispie treat ever!
This year I decided to take our favorite treat and stuff it with Halloween cookies. These are a must-try for anyone who loves both rice krispie treats and Oreos. Sprinkles and candy eyes also make the treats super cute, which means they’ll look great on your table at parties.
Your friends and family will be so impressed by how creative these no bake treats are. And they only take about 15 minutes to prepare – what could be easier than that?
You don’t have to wait until Halloween to make a batch. These Oreo cookie rice krispie treats make great snacks any time of year.
You will only need a few simple ingredients to make a pan of these Halloween rice krispies. Using cocoa krispies gives them a little more of a chocolate flavor.
- Marshmallows – You can use mini or large marshmallows, as long as it equals 16 ounces.
- Butter – We always buy unsalted, but salted is fine too.
- Cocoa Krispies Cereal – You can also use the regular rice krispies, if you like.
- Oreos – Use the orange cream cookies for Halloween. Change it up for other holidays by using seasonal Oreos.
- Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers – We prefer to use the Ghirardeli candy melts because they melt easily and taste great.
- Sprinkles – Bright colors and candy eyes are the perfect toppers.
How to make Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
These Oreo rice krispie treats are the perfect way to celebrate Halloween. They are easy to make in minutes and will be a hit with kids of all ages.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large pot over low heat until melted and gooey.
- Add the cocoa krispies and stir until they are completely coated in marshmallow goodness.
- Press half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan using a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the cookies on top of the cereal layer leaving a little bit of space around each one.
- Spoon the rest of the mixture on top of the cookies and press down gently. Let it cool.
- Melt the candy wafers in the microwave according to the package directions, then pour it on top of the cooled treats.
- Add sprinkles and googly candy eyes before it sets up.
- Cut these stuffed Rice Krispie treats into large or small squares and watch them disappear in a hurry!
- Make sure you buy fresh marshmallows for these treats. Old stale marshmallows will make your treats hard.
- Line your pan with foil or parchment and then use soft butter to coat the bottom really well. This will keep the rice krispie treats from sticking.
- Count out 24 cookies ahead of time and have them ready to place in the center of the no bake treats.
- Use parchment paper to keep your hands clean when you are pressing the mixture down. Make sure to get the mixture in between the cookies, if you can.
- Be gentle when you press the warm rice krispie mixture down. Pressing down hard is what makes the krispies rock hard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you line the pan with foil?
I like to lift the rice krispie treats out of the pan as one giant rectangle, then cut them into squares. It’s totally optional.
Can I make the rice krispie treat mixture in two batches?
Yes, you can melt half the butter and marshmallows first, then stir in half the rice krispies cereal. Press all of this into the buttered pan. Then repeat with the second half.
Do I have to use Oreo cookies?
No. You can use whatever cookie floats your boat. Or you can leave them out entirely. It’s totally up to you.
Can you freeze rice krispie treats?
Yes, you can, but I don’t really recommend it. If you are going to, make sure you wrap them very well in saran wrap, then place in a freezer ziplock bag.
Set them out a few hours before you want to serve them. The colors on the sprinkles and chocolate may change colors as they defrost.
Do I have to put the chocolate on top?
Yes, only aliens skip extra chocolate. Haha, just kidding. No, you can leave off the extra chocolate if you like. You just won’t have anywhere to stick the sprinkles.
More Easy Halloween Treats
- Peanut Butter Monster – candy eyes and sprinkles turn these easy peanut butter balls into fun candy monsters
- Halloween Fudge – sprinkles and candy eyes make this layered fudge a delicious choice for parties
- Reese’s Owls – make cute cupcake toppers from peanut butter cups, Oreos, and googly eyes
- Creepy Pizza – mini brownies topped with frosting, candy bones, and worms
- Monster Eyeball Pretzels – pretzels, Hershey kisses, and candies make fun spooky eyes
- Dirt Cupcakes – pudding, Oreos, and gummy worms make these such fun party cupcakes
- Halloween Eyeballs – peanut butter buckeyes decorated with spooky eyes and red frosting
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 1 - 16 ounce bag mini marshmallows (8 cups)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 24 Halloween Oreos
- 1 - 10 ounce bag dark chocolate melting wafers
- sprinkles and candy eyes
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil. Use soft butter to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the marshmallows and butter in a large pot over low to medium heat. Stir until melted and creamy.
- Stir in the rice krispies cereal until everything is coated.
- Press half the cereal mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan using parchment paper.
- Place the 24 cookies on top leaving a little bit of room around each on.
- Spoon the rest of the cereal mixture on top and press down with more parchment paper. Make sure to get some for the cereal down in between each cookie. Let cool.
- Melt the bag of chocolate wafers according to the package directions. Pour on top of the cooled treats and spread out evenly.
- Top with sprinkles and candy eyes before it sets.
- Let the chocolate set, then cut the rice krispies treats into 24 squares. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.