These Halloween Cheesecake Cups are a great dessert option for parties. They are easy to make and require no baking. Guests of all ages won't be able to resist the combination of creamy cheesecake, Oreo cookies, and marshmallow ghosts.
Do you love Halloween? Although I didn't grow up celebrating Halloween, it has become one of my favorite holidays.
One of my favorite things is making an easy Halloween dessert each weekend. Recently, I purchased Ghost Peeps and candy pumpkins. I have been thinking about making these a fun cheesecake for a while.
Why You Will Love This Halloween Cheesecake
This Halloween cheesecake in a cup is an easy treat because it can be ready in minutes. Marshmallow ghosts and pumpkin candies are a great way to add a cute yet spooky look that everyone will adore.
- Easy to Make - This no-bake recipe can be in your fridge in under 20 minutes.
- Cute Individual Desserts - There is no need to share because each person will have their own mini cheesecake parfait.
- Customize the Spooky Treat - Use your favorite candies or marshmallows to make the perfect treat for your Halloween party.
You can make this cheesecake cup recipe with just a few easy ingredients. Grab some orange food coloring and spooky toppings to add flair to each no bake Halloween cheesecake parfait.
- Oreo Cookies - Use a food processor to crush the cookies with cream filling into crumbs. You can use regular or double cream stuffed Oreos for this layer.
- Cream Cheese - Set it out beforehand so it can soften. Regular or low-fat works fine because it is a no bake recipe.
- Powdered Sugar - This particular sugar sweetens the cheesecake filling without being gritty.
- Vanilla Extract - Use a pure vanilla extract so the filling has a rich and smooth taste.
- Cool Whip - Adds a sweet flavor and a fluffy and creamy texture to the cream cheese base. You can also make and use three cups of this homemade whipped cream.
How To Make No Bake Halloween Cheesecake
These Halloween cheesecake parfaits are easy to make, and kids of all ages love them. They will be one of the first things to disappear off the table at all the Halloween parties.
- Crush seven cookies and divide the Oreo mixture evenly in the bottoms of the clear parfait cups.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and extract with a stand mixer until creamy. Gently fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Divide the filling into two bowls so you can add the color. Use orange gel food coloring to tint one bowl of the vanilla cheesecake mixture. Spoon or pipe the white cheesecake into the parfait cups.
- Crush seven more cookies and add an even layer of Oreo crumbs to the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Spoon or pipe the orange cheesecake into the cups. Cover and refrigerate until set. Add Cool Whip, sprinkles, and candies right before serving.
Place a lid or plastic wrap on top of the cups and place them in the refrigerator. They will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge, but they are best if served within 24 hours of making them.
Tips and Tricks
- Use room temperature ingredients. Set the cream cheese out beforehand because it will be easier to beat into a creamy filling.
- Use a food processor. Leave the frosting in the cookies and pulse until they become fine crumbs.
- Change the flavor of the crust. Use crushed graham cracker crumbs or Biscoff cookies instead of the Oreos.
- Use other colors. Tint the white cheesecake filling green or purple so the cups are even more colorful.
- Fill the cups neatly. Use a piping bag with a round decorating tip to cleanly add the cheesecake filling to the cups. A ziplock baggie would also work. Spoon the filling into a large bag. Then, cut one corner off so you can squeeze it in quickly into the parfait cups.
- Wait to add toppings. If you take these no-bake cheesecake parfaits to a party, wait to decorate them. Add a lid or cover with plastic wrap so they travel well. When you get to your destination, add the toppings.
Make the parfaits up to 24 hours ahead of time. Any longer, and the cookie layer starts softening. Keep them tightly sealed and refrigerated until you can serve your delicious cheesecake.
Honestly, you can use any cookie that you like. Golden Oreos, Nutter Butters, and graham cracker crumbs are great options.
You can also use any kind of Halloween candy to add some fun to the cups. We like using gummy worms and Milano cookies because it turns them into a fun graveyard snack.
More Easy Halloween Treats
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published in October 2019. It was updated and republished in September 2023.