that I am delusional for trying:-)
(this will definitely not be a life style change for me)
1. Stash all the Easter candy in the top of the pantry.
2. Keep the door to said pantry closed at ALL times.
3. Make a sign for the door that reads, “Step away from the Candy”
4. Stay out of the kitchen all week long.
5. Order take out all week because you can’t go in the kitchen even to make dinner:-)
6. Don’t bake at all…you will be too tempted to lick the beaters clean!
7. Drink coffee when sugar cravings hit…use sugar free creamer though!
8. Candy talks…honest, there is a pb cup calling me right now!
9. Put cotton balls in your ears to drown out those little sugar whispers that are coming from behind the closed pantry doors.
10. Post yummy recipes, so you can drool like other blog readers:-)
It has never left me down.
This time I decided to “fill” the dough with my new fav candy…
the Peanut Butter Snickers bar!
go buy some NOW!
I will wait for you to get back.
Just trust my scorched taste buds:-)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar + 1/4 cup sugar for rolling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 14 peanut butter Snickers bars (snack size)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the shortening and peanut butter until creamy. Add both sugars, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla. Slowly add the flour until all incorporated. Chill the dough for 30-60 minutes.
- Shape the dough into 28 small balls. Flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Take two flattened balls and form it around the unwrapped Snickers square. Completely cover all the chocolate so it doesn’t melt out when baking.
- Roll the large dough ball in granulated sugar and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
I only baked 6 at a time on my baking sheet because they are so big. They are such a big cookie that I cut them in half for my kids.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 49gProtein: 9g