These Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Macaroons are loaded with chocolate chip and caramel flavor. The sprinkle of sea salt on top gives it just the right amount of sweet and salty.
*Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to get these recipes in your inbox each day.
*Today I am joining forces with some of my blog friends to bring you lots of cookie love. Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the post for more details.
I got the decorating itch again last night. You see we already decorated our house the day after Thanksgiving, but I didn’t finish putting everything up. So yesterday I looked through the boxes and pulled a few more lights, garland, another tree, and some glass ornaments out of storage.
The kitchen still needs a few decorations, but I’m not sure anything that is left in the boxes is going to work. Although I will probably end up putting the garland around the top of the shelves like I always do because I shouldn’t be spending money on more decorations.
Along with this sudden burst of decorating came the urge to finish my Christmas cookie list. I cannot believe I have waited this long to finalize it. Usually by the first day or two into December I have a huge running list that has to be narrowed down.
About a month ago I made and shared these White Chocolate Funfetti Macaroons. The sprinkles and dipped bottoms inspired me to create another fun macaroon with a caramel twist.
There is just something about that sweet and salty combo that I cannot get over. Thank goodness salted caramel is an acceptable flavor all year long.
I mixed together a can of Dulce de Leche and a bag of coconut. Coconut is another one of those flavors that I kind of go coo coo for! Yay for two of my favorites getting together in one yummy cookie.
A little bit of flour gets added to the macaroons to help give the cookie a little more texture. And of course mini chocolate chips and sea salt just gave the macaroon something a little extra.
Now I originally had no intention of dipping these cookies in chocolate, but while they were cooling I started thinking how nice it is to see a chocolate on the bottom of cookies.
Yes, chocolate is the way to my heart.
So out came the chocolate, and I am so glad I listened to the little chocolate angel that sits on my shoulder. That little angel knows that I can’t resist adding chocolate to just about everything.
- 5 cups shredded sweetened coconut (14 ounce bag)
- 1 -14 ounce can Dulce de Leche
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- coarse ground sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate melting discs (Ghirardelli)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the can of Dulce de Leche and spoon it into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute and stir.
- Spoon the Dulce de Leche onto the coconut in a mixing bowl. Add the flour and beat until all combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop out into 24 mounds and place them on a baking sheet. Top with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to parchment lined counter tops to cool completely.
- Heat the melting chocolate up in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and repeat with 20 seconds until melted and creamy. Dip the bottom of the macaroons in the melted chocolate and then place back on the parchment paper until set. Makes 24 macaroons. Store in a sealed container on the counter.
*I usually use sweetened coconut, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand or what you prefer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
Today I am partnering with 11 other bloggers to bring you 12 delicious cookies worthy of making a few times this season. I hope you are ready for this!!!
Fruit Filled Pecan Thumbprint Cookies from Chef in Training
Gingersnap Biscotti from Completely Delicious
Eggnog Snickerdoodles from Cooking Classy
True Love Cookies from Creme de la Crumb
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Macaroons from Inside BruCrew Life
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies from Our Best Bites
Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cookies from Sweet Basil
Chocolate Cherry Sandwich Cookies from Taste and Tell
Chocolate Mallow Drops from The Recipe Critic
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Rudolph Cookies from Your Cup of Cake