Peanut Butter Brownie Batter Swirl Ice Cream

I know…say that name 10 times fast!!!
But since July is Ice Cream month…

…we had to have ice cream again!!!
I would say this is the last, but we both know I would be lying!
You seriously need to try making the 2 ingredient ice cream…
it gets super addicting trying to make new flavors.
Of course once I was done with this…it wasn’t 2 ingredients anymore!
Hence the super duper long recipe name.
We have decided that this the best and most incredible of all!
Who can resist peanut butter, peanut butter cups, and…brownie batter???
Wait!  Don’t answer that if you were going to say you could!
It would just break my heart to stop being friends with you!
Oh, I’m totally kidding you, you know that right?
I’ll just probably think you’re a wee bit strange!!!
A few months ago we stopped at Sonic during their happy hour
to get the kids some milkshakes.
I was trying to be good and had decided that I wasn’t going to have any.
Until…I saw their new mixin treat…brownie batter and cookie dough bites!!!
All resolve went out the window because I just had to have this!
Yup, it was well worth it too!
So, I started scheming out recipes to incorporate brownie batter in when….
Shelly and Kristan had Brownie Batter week!!!!
Such a fantastic idea!!!

It was sure fire sign to me that I needed to get more brownie batter into my life.

The yummy stuff doesn’t get much time in the spotlight…
and I have to say I like it more than cake batter stuff.
Whoops!  Did I just type that? :-)

Look into the bowl…
delicious creamy peanut butter ice cream with
swirls of brownie batter studded with mini peanut butter cups.

You need this in your life ASAP!!!!

Peanut butter isn’t your thing?
Maybe you would like one of these better:-)
Peanut Butter Brownie Batter Swirl Ice Cream

Peanut Butter Brownie Batter Swirl Ice Cream

Peanut butter ice cream swirled with brownie batter and Reeses peanut butter cups...no machine needed.

1 1/4 c. dry brownie mix
2 Tbsp. oil
4 Tbsp. water
2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. chopped mini Reeses peanut butter cups

1. In a bowl, combine the brownie mix, oil, and water and stir until combined. Stir in the peanut butter cups gently. Set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, stir together the condensed milk and peanut butter until creamy. Pour it into the whipped cream and beat on low until it is all combined. (about 30 seconds)
  3. Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture into a freezer safe container. Drop 1/3 of the brownie batter in the mixture and swirl gently with a knife. Repeat 2 more times. Freeze until solid.

Comments

It can be good or bad that it doesn’t use an ice cream maker:-) Good because it’s fast…or bad because it’s fast! I’m sticking with good!!!

I agree, both good and bad but mostly good :) easy is my fave for desserts like this when I want to eat it ASAP :) plus, brownie batter and PB chips? You’ve got to be kidding! You’re an awesome, inspirational baker, Miss Jocelyn! And I want some of this ice cream in a sprinkly sugar cone right now!!

haha! So glad my craziness is inspiring:-) And this ice cream in a chocolate dipped sprinkle cone…you are totally on to something there!!! Now I need to make another batch:-)

Wow Wow Wow Wow!!! I have to jump on the ice cream band wagon Jocelyn! You and the girls have made some killer ice cream recipes recently and I just HAVE to make my own now. I love the brownie batter, too. Congrats on the foodgawker post, Jocelyn!

Okay, this is a MUST make! We have an awesome ice cream shop down the street from our house, and I’ve been addicted to brownie batter ice cream there this summer. But yours actually looks even better! I’m in trouble now! :-)

I recently made some ice cream with brownies, but I never would have thought to add dry brownie mix and peanut butter. In fact, I don’t know if I have ever had peanut butter in ice cream? I better get on that! Sure sounds yummy.

Brownie batter is about the best treat ever. I can’t imagine what it would taste like in ice cream! I’m hosting a linky party “One Creative Weekend” at OneCreativeMommy.com. I’d love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you’d like to share.

Another amazing recipe! I haven’t found one thing on your blog that doesn’t look absolutely amazing! Which is also a good and bad thing ;) Thanks so much for sharing at my party! Hope to see you again soon :)

8. ashley says

Hi, this looks great! But what do you mean by dry brownie mix? I would love to try this but I’m not entirely sure what you mean! Thank you!

9. Niki says

And another of your recipes I made for my daughter’s birthday party. Let’s just say, there was none left :) I will be making this again for the family to enjoy.