Easy two ingredient ice cream becomes gourmet when Oreos and fudge topping are added. This Oreo Fudge Cappuccino Ice Cream is just the thing to cool you off on a hot day.
Here we are at the end of summer, and I’m just now sharing another ice cream with you. We have had the strangest summer this year. It has been cool and stormy most of the days. (Of course that really doesn’t stop us from eating ice cream.)
Of course now that the kids are headed back to school tomorrow, summer has decided to arrive. This weekend was hot and steamy. I think this is the perfect weather for another batch of this delicious ice cream.
About a month ago I told my kids that I was going to make some of the 2 ingredient ice cream, but I wanted some suggestions for mix ins. Right away my youngest yelled out cappuccino. He is only 9, so I’m not quite sure why he is obsessed with coffee flavored goodies. All I know is that coffee ice creamed sounded awesome! Then my daughter said Oreo cookies. I was loving their ideas.
There you have it a gourmet flavored ice cream in a matter of seconds. Well, the idea only took seconds to come up with. The ice cream itself takes about 10 minutes to put together. And then you have to wait at least 4-6 hours for it to freeze enough to eat it.
My advice…make it up right before going to bed. Of course that could mean you will eat ice cream for breakfast…but you won’t hear me judging you at all 🙂
I took their coffee and Oreo ice cream idea and went one step farther. I mixed the cookie chunks with fudge ice cream topping before swirling it in the coffee ice cream. I should ask my kids for ingredient suggestions more often. They are really good at this!
This ice cream didn’t stand a chance in our house. It seriously disappeared in less than an hour, and then my kids voted this THE best ice cream ever! I have to admit they came up with a pretty stellar 2 ingredient ice cream.
Who knew 2 ingredients could look so good?!? 😉
Stay up to date on all the BruCrew baking here:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Oreo cookie chunks and crumbs
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream and instant coffee. Stir until dissolved. Then beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk by using a spatula to move the mixture around gently.
- Heat the hot fudge topping for about 10-15 seconds. Do not heat it too much. Stir into the cookie pieces.
- Place half the ice cream mixture in a freezer safe container. Drop half the Oreo fudge mixture by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl very gently with a knife.
- Pour the rest of the ice cream mixture on top and repeat with the rest of the Oreo fudge mixture. Make sure to swirl gently so the ice cream doesn't get mixed into the topping too much. You want big pockets of cookie and fudge.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
Freeze the metal mixing bowl and beaters for at least 30 minutes before beating the whipping cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Silicone Spatulas, 8.5" Small Heat Resistant Non-Stick Flexible Rubber Scrapers Bakeware Tool Essential Cooking Gadget (5 Pack)
- StarPack Long Scoop Ice Cream Freezer Storage Container - for Home Made Ice Cream, Freezer Containers, Meal Prep, Soup and Food Storage
- OXO Good Grips Solid Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 380 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 145mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 35g Protein: 6g
Some of our other favorite 2 ingredient ice creams.