I don’t know about you, but Monday is my least favorite day of the week. Probably because I have to get back into a weekday routine.
I am a sleeper inner, so I struggle with the whole getting up early in the morning thing, but not this Monday!
I hope you all are enjoying your Memorial Day!
It is a great time to remember what our service men have done for us! We are so thankful for each and every person that has spent time to give us our freedom!!!
What else can make Monday better?
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Donuts and lots of sprinkles! You have to have sprinkles! It just makes it all seems better!!!!
And putting them on a stick just ups the cute factor because we all know food on sticks = way fun!!!!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Donuts recipe:
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 container canned chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries and smash into puree. If you are using frozen strawberries, thaw for a minute or 2 in the microwave. Drain the liquid and smash with a fork.
- Melt the ice cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Combine the oil, eggs, ice cream and strawberries in mixing bowl, add cake mix and beat for 1 minute on low and 2 minutes on medium. Spoon in about 1 teaspoon batter into a mini donut pan. (I found it worked better to fill a frosting bag and use a large frosting tip to pipe the batter in)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool in pan about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Remove the lid and foil from frosting. Heat in microwave for 1 minute…stirring every 30 seconds. Pour into a bowl and dip the tops of your donuts. Place on a wax paper lined tray and sprinkle with your favorite color sprinkle of the day.
After your frosting has set, you can slide a lollipop stick through the center and tie on a bow.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
Have a FABULOUS Memorial Day!