Hello from a banana freak.
I can’t be the only one out there that likes their bananas to crunch, right?
You know the kind of banana.
Slightly green. Peel hard to get off.
Yup, that is just how I like to eat my bananas.
In cereal, plain, with chocolate…
It just can’t taste like a banana to me.
Strange. I know.
But in the cookies I made last week or these Toffee Banana Coconut Muffins,
you have to leave them on the counter for a while.
Not a problem for me because as soon as they loose their green hue,
I won’t touch them with a ten foot pole.
I don’t know what to say about these yummy cookies from last week.
Best cookie to date.
Banana bread like texture.
Even better the next day.
Yea, that just about sums it up.
So get out those fat pants and whip up a batch today.
What are you waiting for?
Your bananas are too green?
I guess you could always clean…which is how I’m going to spend this day.
Anyone want to do it for me???
I pay really well…in cookies.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat cake mix, butter, coffee, salt, vanilla, and eggs until combined.
- Add the smashed bananas and flour and beat gently.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits by hand.
- Take half the dough and drop 12 spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat. Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Cool on sheet for 1 minute before removing and cooling completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Store in a loosely sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.