Banana Coconut Muffins are the perfect breakfast (or snack) choice to have with your morning coffee.
This weekend we got some snow…maybe about 5 inches. It was more than enough for me.
I’m kind of a snow grinch. Definitely can do without it!!!
Although one of my sister in law’s pointed out the benefit of cold weather…cute boots and coats!!!
So, my kids begged us to go sledding. I almost didn’t go…because of my aversion to being cold. But I overcame my cold fears…it was only an hour after all.
I can do that!!! For the kids!
But now I am sick!!!! Whoever said fresh air is good for you…LIED!!!
I was perfectly fine before sledding. Then after we got home…I could totally feel it coming on. 1 hour of fresh freezing air and I have a cold! And I only went down the hill once! So, I can’t blame it on rolling in the snow!!! Bllllaaaaahhhhh!!!
Zicam to the rescue…but that didn’t work either. I might have to cut my head off to feel better.
Or I could just eat about a dozen more of these banana coconut muffins while I rest on the couch watching 90210 reruns. Comfort food people!!!
Make these soon…you won’t regret it!!!!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (3-4 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 26 cupcake liners in muffin tin or spray pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Add the eggs and beat well. Stir in the bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and slowly incorporate into the banana mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup coconut, toffee bits and chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill cupcake liners or tins 3/4 full. Sprinkle with extra shredded coconut, if desired. Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing from the cupcake tin. Cool completely before storing in a sealed container on the counter for 4-5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g