Thank you Pillsbury for inspiring me to come up with these fun Coconut Cream Cookie Cups.
A few weeks ago I had the amazing opportunity to visit the Pillsbury kitchens as part of their Pillsbury Bloggers Holiday Event. You can imagine how excited I was to get that email. It was a blogger’s dream come true to be invited. It was an action packed day and a half, and I was so excited to spend it with a great group of blogging friends.
Our first night we had dinner together and just chatted and got to know each other better. It is amazing how well everyone got along.
The next morning we started with breakfast, and then we split into 2 groups for the day. My group headed for the photography studio first. We met with a food stylist who gave us some great tips to think about when plating our food. A few of the tips I took home were to show texture in your food, show heights and horizon lines when plating food, and that your food should be the star of your photos, not the props. Then we got to watch a few of the photographers shoot some food shots. Oh, and we also got to take a peek into their prop room. Can I just tell you I was in prop heaven there? Every single color and size plate you can imagine was in there. There were rows and rows of plates, linens, and backgrounds. It was incredible!
After lunch my group headed to the Pillsbury kitchens to bake up a storm. What an incredible kitchen to be able to bake in. We had a team of Pillsbury bakers waiting on us. They were there ready to help us and to bring us whatever we needed. It was so nice to bake in a relaxed atmosphere with Christmas music in the background. And not having to do our own dishes was a special treat. We were definitely spoiled there.
After baking some appetizers and these Gingerbread-Turtle Thumbprint Cookies, we were instructed to create our own cookie creations using anything from this table and anything that they had in their refrigerators.
I had so many ideas running through my head as I stared at the inspiration table. After much thought though, I decided to create these Coconut Cream Cookie Cups. What an amazing experience to be able to create and bake in the Pillsbury kitchen. It was an experience I won’t ever forget.
I love how easy these cookie cups are to make. I used the Pillsbury ready to bake cookie dough. It is already packaged into cookie balls, so all I did to it was to roll them into a ball before putting them into mini muffin tins. Make sure to spray the tins with a non stick spray, so that the cookie cups come out in one piece after baking.
As soon as the cookies are finished baking, use the end of knife or spoon to push in the centers while they are still hot. This will be for the no bake coconut filling to go in.
While the cookie cups are cooling, mix together the filling ingredients. Cream cheese, melted chocolate chips, and Cool Whip is a great no bake mousse to fill any cake or cookie with. Adding coconut gives it a fun tropical flair.
Every winter I get the urge to bake everything with coconut. It makes me feel like summer is coming faster if I bake coconut treats.
Stay up to date on all the BruCrew baking here:
- 1 - 16 ounce package Pillsbury Ready to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottoms of a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Roll the cookie dough into 24 even balls. Place into prepared tin. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Press the centers in with a tart shaper as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Let cool in the pans for 2-3 minutes. Gently remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Heat for 15 seconds and stir until creamy.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the cream cheese with a fork. Stir in the extract. Fold in the Cool Whip and coconut. Fill each cookie cup with a teaspoon of coconut filling.
- Press a Hershey Kiss into the top of each cup. Top with sprinkles if desired. Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
*Pillsbury provided me with a paid trip to the Pillsbury kitchens to be part of the Pillsbury Holiday Bloggers Event. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.