seriously who comes up with all these “different” national days?
But, since it was a “holiday” of sorts,
we celebrated with this delicious ooey gooey cheesecake 🙂
(I will take any chance I can get to make cheesecake)
Does anyone else remember the Oreo cookies that were filled
with coffee cream?
So I wanted to kind of replicate that in a cheesecake.
the Mocha Oreo Cheesecake!!!!
almost too pretty to cut.
once we cut into it
there was no stopping.
all these yummy treats are taking a toll 🙂
But they are so worth it.
For the Crust
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 3 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie chunks
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Cool Whip and extra cookies, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Use a food processor to pulse the cookies with cream filling into crumbs. Mix the cookie crumbs and butter together. Press into prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power for 45 seconds. Stir. Heat an additional 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy.
- Add the sour cream, melted chocolate chips, espresso powder, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, then mix into the batter gently until combined.
- Stir in the cookie chunks in by hand. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate overnight to let flavors develop.
- Remove outside of pan and decorate with melted white chocolate drizzles. Serve with Cool Whip and extra Oreo crumbs and chunks.
*Feel free to leave out the espresso powder if you do not prefer the coffee flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 8g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.