Pancake night really means no dinner inspiration or no cooking desire was found in me for the night. Breakfast for dinner comes in handy all the time!
We all have our own little pancake eating quirks too.
Our littlest guy only likes butter. Our daughter has to have butter and sugar. The oldest likes peanut butter and chocolate syrup.
Me, I just go for the straight syrup...maybe some butter. And the hubby, well, he does syrup most of the time, then chases it down with the butter and sugar method.
Every once in a while we pull out the fruit and Cool Whip, but the kids aren't as crazy about that unless we are doing "turkey" or "santa" pancakes. Then it is just about the decorating, because they don't like to eat pancakes that way.
I was feeling adventurous the other night, plus I had some brown bananas that needed used up right away.
And why not throw Oreos and sprinkles in too? Just for some more fun! Don't you think that sounds good?
How to make Banana Oreo Pancakes:
- Stir together baking mix, water, sour cream, and mashed bananas until combined. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Gently stir in Oreo cookie chunks and sprinkles.
- Cook on a heated griddle for one minute per side or until lightly brown on each side.
Of course, I had to make a batch of plain pancakes too because the kids didn't want to mess up their pancake style with mom's crazy pancake creation.
They all tried a new one (and liked it) but then went back to the plain ones. Crazy kids!
Just means more yummy pancakes for me.
Now that I think about it...I think I froze the leftovers that night.
Yay! I know what I am having for breakfast now!
Do you have any pancake eating quirks???
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups chopped Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup colored sprinkles
- In a bowl combine the pancake mix, water, sour cream, and mashed bananas. Gently stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in the cookie chunks and sprinkles.
- Cook on a hot pancake griddle for at least 1 minute per side or until lightly brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.