Adding your favorite pizza toppings to macaroni and cheese is such a great idea. This Pizza Mac is a quick and easy meal that everyone will enjoy.
Friday nights are pizza night here in our house. Most weekends we do homemade pizza and either play a game or watch a movie together. Although as the kids have been getting older, they are wanting to do their own thing on Friday nights, either with friends or playing video games.
We do let them have their own time, as long as they have worked hard in school all week long. We may be all doing different things, but homemade pizza still reigns supreme for dinner.
I had the opportunity to meet Christy from The Girl Who Ate Everything at a blog conference last year, and she is seriously just as sweet in person as she is on her blog. So, I was super excited to get her cookbook and make some of her delicious recipes. Guys, it is super amazing!! I mean seriously…this book is gorgeous!
It is jam packed full of recipes like Mini Puff-Puff Pancakes, Peanut Buster Delight, and Cheeseburger Pizza Balls. And the photos of each recipe will have you drooling!!!
But as soon as I saw the Pizza Mac, I knew I had to make this for dinner this week. We do love all things pizza around here, so I knew it would be a hit!
This recipe is seriously so easy to do. You can prep everything while the noodles are boiling. Then stir it all together and pour it into a casserole dish. Add a little more cheese on top and bake until melted. I adore easy, peasy dinners that can be ready in no time at all.
Be sure to pick up a copy of Christy’s The Girl Who Ate Everything cookbook for more amazing recipes. I promise you will love it as much as we do.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 - 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 - 6 ounce package sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Stir together the pasta, pizza sauce, cottage cheese, onion, pepper, garlic, and oregano.
- Cut up half the pepperoni. Stir in the chopped pepperoni, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with the remaining pepperoni and cheeses. Sprinkle a little more oregano on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Broil on high for 1 minute to brown the cheese, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 8-10 servings. Refrigerate left overs.
*very slightly adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything cookbook
*This post does contain an affiliate link. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these links. These links do not cost you any extra money. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way!