Let’s talk about red hots. I don’t know why, but when I think of red hots it reminds me of Valentines.
Can I tell you a secret?
I don’t really like red hots (unless it is in this Crock Pot Cinnamon Strawberry Applesauce), but I discovered that if you melt red hots into vanilla frosting it turns into a yummy, slightly cinnamony goodness that is hard to resist!
Believe me I know…because I didn’t resist it very well!
It is super easy to make because it only takes 2 ingredients. I love no fail fudge.
Melt the chips…melt the frosting…chill. Yummy fudge in less than 30 minutes.
Now that’s my kind of fudge!!!
This is technically 4 ingredient fudge because I added cookies and candies, but still super easy to make…and to eat.
My biggest advice about this fudge…use a food processor to crush the red hots if you have one. I put mine in plastic baggies and
tried to smash the crap out of it with a wooden spoon.
Did you know red hots are super hard? It took a lot of effort to crush them. But once I tasted the fudge it was well worth the muscle
I had to put into it.
See how pretty it looks?
Believe me…it tasted as good as it looks too! Tasted because mine is all gone…that makes me kind of sad.
For the Oreo Fudge
- 1 - 16 ounce container canned chocolate frosting
- 1 - 12 ounce bag chocolate chips
- 10 Oreo cookies, chopped up
For the Red Hot Fudge
- 1 - 16 ounce container canned vanilla frosting
- 1 - 12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups crushed Red Hot candies
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips. Stir until melted.
- Stir in the chocolate frosting and continue stirring until melted and creamy. Stir in the cookie crumbles.
- Pour into the lined pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the white chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Stir in the vanilla frosting and continue stirring until melted and creamy.
- Stir in the crushed red hots. Stir a few minutes while the red hots melt and turn your fudge a pretty pink.
- Pour on top of the chocolate oreo fudge and let set on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Top with sprinkles and place in the fridge to set up completely.
- Let the fudge come to room temperature before cutting into 49 squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 49 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.