Looking for an easy cookie? These Vanilla Fudge Whoopies start from a cake mix and are filled with canned frosting. You can’t get much easier than that.
So every summer we ask the kids what they want to do over summer break.
Can you believe that this year all they said was swim, swim, swim??? So I took the liberty of creating a summer 2011 bucket list:
*amusement park (check)
*cruising in the Saab (check)
*catch lightening bugs
*water balloon fight
*bake whoopie pies
Do you have a summer fun list for your family? I am just curious what are some of your top things to do? Yes, it’s possible I want to add to my list.
I was trying to get 26 summer things…one for each letter of the alphabet! It’s a random project in my head, that probably will stay there for a year or two.
Is it just me? Or are whoopie pies one of the funnest (yes it’s a word) summer treats? I mean you get two cookies plus filling…what’s not to love?!?!?!
And because Fourth of July is coming up so fast I decided to add some red and blue fudge filled cups…ya know for some fun patriotic color and all!
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package red and blue fudge filled stars (from the Dollar Tree) or 1 cup red and blue M&M’s
- 1 can fudge frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the first 5 ingredients until mixed in. The dough will be slightly crumbly. Carefully stir in the fudge cups (or M&M’s).
- Roll into 36 - 1 inch balls and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Make sure they are at least 2 inches apart to allow some spreading while baking.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until set. Cool for 1-2 minutes on the pan, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, place frosting on half the cookies and top with the other half. Makes 36 cookies or 18 whoopie pies.
If you can't find the fudge stars, use red and blue M&M's instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g