Coffee Cheesecake Oreo Brownies: Layers of brownies, holiday Oreo cookies, and a rich coffee cheesecake make these brownies an amazing Halloween treat to indulge in this fall!
**Make sure you sign up for the BruCrew email to receive these recipes in your inbox.**
I am declaring today a party day because right now I’m looking for any excuse to eat some more chocolate. This past weekend and the last few days have been just a little stressful for me! Nothing super important, just computer things that make my eyes glaze over. All this coding and blog moving and learning has taken a toll on my brain!!!
So, I am now officially all moved over to WordPress…what do you think of the site? Mad props to my blog designer for totally making my blog say, Hello, I’m Jocelyn. I absolutely love it!!! She is incredible, and I can’t sing her praises enough.
I am slowly working my way around WordPress. I have figured out enough stuff to get a post up, obviously. Do not ask me anything else though, because I am so lost at the moment! I am told after a few weeks, I’ll be a pro! Somehow I am doubting that, since I’m quite the computer challenged person! But I’m up for learning it! Thank goodness for Dorothy holding my hand and walking me through stuff step by step as I wrote this post.
I have the best blog friends!!! It made me feel so loved to get emails and FB posts wondering where I was. You guys made my day yesterday…seriously! My brain was on overload…ok, it still is…so I just had to take my time getting back into it, but I think I am ready to jump in and start learning!!!
It is a good thing I keep things like Oreos, homemade chocolate chip brownies, coffee, and a big tub of Cool Whip on hand at all times to help get me through blog stress!!! Take a look at this brownie would you? You can see why this had to made and eaten while working on the blog move stuff?
These outrageous coffee cheesecake Oreo brownies are a Halloween take on these Ultimate Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies.
LOL! I laugh because really I didn’t do much of anything with the move, except find all my log-ins and passwords to sites she needed. Oh yeah, and label 500 posts because I was kind of a dork and didn’t do that for each one when I posted them. Lesson learned on that one! In my head that sure sounded like a whole lot more work. Anything to make myself feel better about chowing down on a few of these each day!!
Ok, I realized something things this weekend when I was going through all my old posts. (Things like always add labels or categories, so you don’t have to do 500 at once.)
First of all, I realized that some of my old pictures are a hoot! Note to all you newbies…stick with it and always be learning. It is fun to look back because you will see how much you have grown after a few years.
Second thing I realized was that this week marks 4 years of blogging!!! 4 YEARS! Can you believe that because I can’t??? I can’t believe that it has been that long since my very first post that no one, probably not even my family was reading.
That definitely calls for these ghost brownies to celebrate with, right?
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 - 9x13 box brownie mix
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons coffee extract
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 24 Halloween Oreo cookies
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix the brownies according to the directions on the box. Spread 1/2 of the batter in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Place the Oreo cookies side by side on the brownie batter. Cover the Oreo cookies with the rest of the brownie batter. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, flour, egg, and coffee extract until smooth.
- Spoon the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter carefully. Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool completely. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Top with Cool Whip before serving. Mini chocolate chips can be used for eyes, if desired. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
*You can use regular Oreo cookies in place of the colored ones.
**If you don't like coffee flavored treats, substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
More fun Halloween treats for your holiday parties:
- Brains in a Jar from Living Locurto
- Chocolate Dipped Halloween Apple Rings from Inside BruCrew Life
- Eye of Toad Halloween Milkshake from Wonky Wonderful
- Peanut Butter Zombie Eyeballs from Inside BruCrew Life
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats from Big Bear’s Wife