Swirls of chocolate and peanut butter make these Ultimate Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies absolutely irresistible. These brownies always disappear in a hurry at parties and events.
When the kids were younger they knew how much I loved Reese’s candies. Any time they got peanut butter cups from school, church, or parties they would bring them home and give them to me excitedly.
As they got older, they also developed a love for those peanut butter candies, so they weren’t as willing to hand them over. There were some very grudging candy sharing moments until they realized something.
They figured out that if they ate them before getting home that I wouldn’t know they ever had them. What?!?!?!?!
It’s ok. I buy bags of candy and cookies all the time and hide them, so the kids don’t know I have it. I guess that makes us even. LOL! Although they have figured out my sneaky hiding spots the older they get.
The other day I found a couple of those hidden bags of peanut butter candies in the pantry and decided to put them to good use. Layering brownies and cheesecake into one fabulous dessert is one of my favorite things to do.
Reese’s recipes always make me smile though. So this time I decided to add some peanut butter and peanut butter cups to the cheesecake layer before pouring it on top of the brownie batter. After these bake they become the best brownies ever!
Make sure the peanut butter cheesecake brownies cool completely before cutting into them. I realize this will test every ounce of patience you may have in you, but cheesecake is so much better chilled.
My tip is to make the brownie cheesecake the night before, and let it chill over night.
Tips for making the Ultimate Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies:
Line a 9×13 pan with foil lined parchment paper. Set it aside.
Make your brownie batter first and pour it into the pan. Feel free to use a box brownie mix for a 9×13 pan or a double batch of these Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies (minus the chocolate chips) for this layer.
Beat the cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until creamy. Add a can of sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, egg, and vanilla and beat again until creamy.
Stir in the chopped peanut butter cup candies gently. You can use regular Reese’s chopped up into quarters. Or use a bag of the Reese’s minis and cut them in half. Either one works.
Bake and cool these Ultimate Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies before adding the topping.
Topping for Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies:
Place a bag of milk chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Heat 15 seconds longer, if needed.
Spread the chocolate on top of the chilled peanut butter bars. Drizzle the top with more melted peanut butter.
Use a butter knife to swirl the peanut butter into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with mini Reese’s Pieces and let it set.
If you like these Ultimate Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies, you may enjoy these recipes:
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – peanut butter cookie crust, creamy no bake peanut butter cheesecake, and a sweet chocolate topping
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake – chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake layers topped with chocolate and peanut butter cups
- Chocolate Reese’s Cheesecake – mini chocolate cheesecakes topped with peanut butter mousse and peanut butter cups
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookie Bars – a layer of peanut butter cheesecake baked inside layers of cookie dough
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Love From the Oven – peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and peanut butter cups inside a creamy cheesecake bar
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Ultimate Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies recipe and video:
For the Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 - 9x13 package box brownie mix
- 1 - 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Reese's peanut butter minis, halved (family sized bag)
For the Topping
- 1 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup mini Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil lined parchment paper.
- Make the brownie batter according to the package directions. Spread in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add the condensed milk, cornstarch, egg, and vanilla until beat again until smooth. Stir in the halved Reese's gently.
- Spoon or pour the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter gently. Bake 40-42 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack for an hour then refrigerate until chilled completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Heat again for 15 seconds if needed.
- Heat the remaining peanut butter in a separate bowl for 20 seconds and stir until creamy.
- Spread the chocolate chip mixture on top of the chilled cheesecake brownies. Spoon the melted peanut butter in lines across the chocolate. Use a butter knife to swirl the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the mini Reese's Pieces. Let set before cutting into 24 squares. Store in the refrigerator.
*The video does mention flour, but the actual ingredient is cornstarch. You can use either though.