Our Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are the ultimate dessert. A rich brownie base, creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling, and lots of Reese's candies will have everyone asking for seconds.
Brownies and cheesecake are two of my favorite desserts. One night, I couldn't decide which treat I wanted more, so I combined them in a baking pan.
Then, I added my favorite candy and created the best cheesecake bars. My chocolate and peanut butter-loving family couldn't get enough of it. Plus, it completely satisfied all my cravings!
Whether you're a peanut butter fan or just looking for a delicious snack, this recipe will surely hit the spot.
Why You'll Love Reese's Cheesecake Brownies
The best part about these brownies is that they are so easy to make. They begin by using a brownie mix, then you add a homemade peanut butter cheesecake.
- Easy to make. A box brownie mix keeps the crust on these peanut butter cheesecake brownies super simple.
- Peanut butter lovers dream. The peanut butter flavor paired with the fudgy brownies will have everyone craving more. Reese's candies and a melted chocolate topping make these so dreamy.
- Perfect for parties. These cheesecake bars travel well and are great for picnics, potlucks, or holiday parties. Trust me, you will come home with an empty pan every time.
Make this delicious peanut butter cheesecake brownies recipe in minutes! With only a handful of simple ingredients, this recipe is a breeze to make.
- Brownie Mix - Use a 9x13 brownie mix and follow our instructions instead of the box. Feel free to make a double batch of our chocolate chip brownies if you prefer homemade instead.
- Cream Cheese - Full-fat cream cheese gives these bars the best taste and texture.
- Creamy Peanut Butter - Regular peanut butter like Jif or Skippy works best for this recipe. Natural peanut butter tends to separate and to be oily, so it isn't a good choice here.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - Sweetens the cheesecake filling and gives it a rich, creamy texture.
- Cornstarch - Thickens the cheesecake batter. Flour can also be used.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - Use one bag of Reese's minis cut in half. Although, you can use regular Reese's chopped up into quarters. Either one works.
- Toppings - Melted chocolate chips, peanut butter, and Reese's Pieces make the peanut butter cream cheese brownies look pretty.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
The layers in the best peanut butter cheesecake brownies are so easy to make. Don't forget to allow the creamy cheesecake to chill in the fridge after baking.
- Prepare the brownie batter. Beat the brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs with an electric mixer in a large bowl. Spread in a greased pan.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until creamy. Add a can of sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, egg, and vanilla, and beat again until smooth.
- Add mix-ins. Stir in the chopped peanut butter cup candies gently. Gently spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly over the top until it covers the brownie batter.
- Bake and cool. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Add the topping. Spread melted chocolate on top of the chilled cream cheese layer. Drizzle with melted peanut butter, then use a butter knife to swirl it together. Sprinkle with mini Reese's Pieces and let it set.
In the Refrigerator - Keep the leftover brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for the best results. They will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
In the Freezer - Let the cheesecake brownies cool completely, and then store them in a freezer-safe container. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Line your pan. Use aluminum foil or foil-lined parchment paper to lift the brownies out easily. Make sure to spray the foil with nonstick baking spray so they do not stick to the lining.
- Use room temperature ingredients. Bring the cream cheese and eggs to room temperature before mixing the batter to prevent lumps.
- Be gentle. Spoon the cheesecake onto the brownie batter very gently. Begin by adding it to the outside edges first, then spoon it into the center.
- Let it cool. Chilled brownies and cheesecake are much easier to cut, so cool them in the fridge for a few hours first.
Order Your Copy Today!
Inventive, Irresistible, and Super-Easy Cheesecake Desserts for Every Day!
BUY IT NOW: Amazon
You don't have to - but it's a faster and easier option! If you have a great homemade brownie recipe that you want to use, go for it!
Regular peanut butter such as Jif or Skippy works the best in this recipe. Natural peanut butter tends to be oily and will not work as well in these bars.
We have found that different brownie mixes tend to bake differently with this recipe. Follow our tips and the exact recipe so your brownies bake properly.
Another option is to pre-bake the brownie layer for 20 minutes. Then, pour the cheesecake batter on top and bake for another 30 minutes.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and then a review in the comments section below.
*This post was originally published in November 2010. The photos were updated in September 2018, then it was republished in October 2023.
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com .