This Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cobbler is the ultimate fall dessert. A crunchy streusel topping and creamy pumpkin layer is the perfect comfort food.
It’s a delicious dessert to add to your fall plans.
You guys! This week I did it! I decided it was time to go sugar-free. Oh trust me, it’s not for an extended period of time! That would just be crazy! I mean, have you met me? Sugar coated sugar is my life!
Even all the cross fit workouts and running I have been doing every day are not helping. Something had to give because I have a work trip in a month, and I have cute skinny jeans to fit in to by then.
Right now I’m on day three without much sugar in my body!!! Yes, I realize three days without sugar isn’t really a major accomplishment to shout from the rooftops.
But hey, this is me we are talking about! You guys see all the pictures of yummy food that I share. Usually I’m over here usually eating plate after plate of that sugar-filled goodness every.single.day. Not a pretty picture at all!
Thank goodness I made (and ate) this delicious pumpkin cobbler with a cake mix last week. I would have been very sad to be on this sugar-free quest and to not be able to enjoy any bites of this amazing pumpkin dessert.
This pumpkin pie cobbler is one of my very favorite things to make in the fall. I even won first place at a fall dessert contest one year with this pumpkin crunch cake recipe.
Although, as I was making it, I realized it had been a few years since I have made it.That’s the down fall to being a dessert blogger, I guess.
Too many fun and exciting new recipes to make and share, so the old favorites tend to get overlooked!
But after one…ok, fine, more like ten bites of this pumpkin crunch cobbler, I remembered why I loved it so much. Never again will this easy pumpkin recipe be forgotten!
The creamy pumpkin pie filling and a crunchy, buttery cake topping work so well together. This is basically just a dump cake in disguise. Isn’t that the worst name for a dessert? How can something so delicious have such an unattractive name?
Cakes like this got their name because you basically “dump” everything in the pan and bake it. I just love how easy it is to have a delicious dessert with very little work.
Whenever we get the craving for pie and ice cream, we make a cake mix cobbler.
How to make Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cobbler:
- Mix together the pumpkin, sugar, spices, salt, cornstarch, eggs, and milk together.
- Pour into a greased cake pan.
- Mix together the dry cake mix, chopped pecans, and toffee bits and sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the pumpkin batter.
- Melt the butter and drizzle it evenly all over the top and place in the oven. The butter and cake mix will come together as the cake bakes.
How to eat a Pumpkin Cobbler:
After this magic pumpkin cobbler comes out of the oven, you have two options for eating it.
- Scoop a big bowl of warm pumpkin cobbler and top it with vanilla ice cream, caramel drizzles, and a few pecan chips. The ice cream starts to melt and get all gooey with the pumpkin filling.
- Let the pumpkin cobbler cool and then refrigerate it for a few hours. The cobbler will set up, and then you will be able to slice out a piece that resembles cake. Spoon a big helping of Cool Whip on top, add a few nuts, and then go to town on it.
Honestly, I am not sure which way is my favorite way to eat this fall cobbler. Maybe after I’m done being crazy and start eating sugar again, I will make another pan of this Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cobbler.
You know…for more research purposes. Wink, wink!
More easy pumpkin recipes you need to try this fall:
- Pumpkin Toffee Angel Food Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cheesecake Bites
- Layered Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 - 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecan chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, sugars, spices, salt, cornstarch, eggs, and milk. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Stir together the cake mix, pecan chips, and toffee bits. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle the butter on top. Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove and cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream, or refrigerate and serve cold with Cool Whip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 3gSugar: 43gProtein: 6g