The rich warm spices in this Pumpkin Bundt Cake make it the perfect fall dessert! A maple drizzle adds the perfect touch that is pretty and delicious. One bite of this pumpkin spice bundt cake and you will feel like fall is giving you a hug!
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
I can't believe that this is the first homemade pumpkin bundt cake I have ever made. Over the years I have made zucchini, banana, carrot, eggnog, and pinã colada, and so many more. But somehow a pumpkin cake never happened.
It was time to head to the kitchen and bake a pumpkin cake right away. And can I tell you something? This pumpkin bundt cake with maple glaze has jumped into the number one dessert spot of my life.
This dense, moist pumpkin cake is made with spices and then drizzled with a sweet, cinnamon, maple glaze, and it is to die for! It has the most amazing smell to it as well!
I brought this easy pumpkin cake to share at my Bible study, and we could smell it all the way across the room. The rich fall spices paired with pumpkin puree created a delicious fall smell that was far better than any candle or spray could ever give you!
Tips for Baking a Bundt Cake
Most bundt pans have ornate shapes and grooves on the sides and a hole in the center. This means you will need to grease and flour your pan properly, so the cake will come out in one piece.
You can use a pastry brush to get your grease into all the crevices. I don't recommend butter because it can cause your cake to brown unevenly.
You can also use a baking spray that will mist the entire pan. Just make sure to turn the pan in different angles as you spray, and do not forget to spray the center part.
Do not over fill your bundt pan. The batter should fill the pan about ⅔ of the way full. This will allow room for the cake to rise and expand as it bakes. If you end up with extra batter, make a few cupcakes too.
Make sure to tap the bottom of the pan onto your counter a few times. This will release any air bubbles and will get the batter into all the grooves before you place it in the oven.
Ingredients Needed for a Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Sugar - A mixture of brown sugar and granulated sugar sweetens the cake.
- Oil - Gives a moist tender texture.
- Pumpkin Puree - Make sure you buy pure canned pumpkin. Pumpkin pie mix has added sugars and spices.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt - Adds flavor and balances the sweetness.
- Eggs - Binds the ingredients together.
- Flour - Adds structure to all the ingredients. See how to measure flour correctly.
- Baking Soda - Provides lift to the cake as it bakes.
- Spices - A mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger give this pumpkin bundt cake a delicious fall flavor. You could also use 2-3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead.
How to make a Pumpkin Bundt Cake
This easy pumpkin spice bundt cake comes together in minutes. Just mix, bake, cool, and glaze and you will be ready to enjoy the best pumpkin cake recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray your bundt pan with a nonstick spray that has flour in it. You want the cake to fall right out of the pan.
- Mix together the sugars and oil in a large bowl until it resembles a sandy mixture. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, and eggs to the sugars and mix again.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients and slowly add it to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until everything is incorporated, but do not over beat the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake it for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs on it. Do not over bake the cake.
- Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes, then flip it carefully out onto a plate. Let the cake cool completely.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top of the pumpkin spice bundt cake.
- Add fall colored sprinkles if you want a pop of color to the top of the cake.
BRUCREW TIP: Change it up and spread a cream cheese frosting on the pumpkin spice cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you let a bundt cake cool before flipping?
Let the cake to cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes. This allows the cake to set up before you flip it out. Make sure to remove the cake while it is still warm. If the cake cools too much in the pan, it may stick to the sides of the pan and tear as you try to get it out.
Drizzle the cake with a light glaze before serving. This will allow the cake's beautiful shape and detail to show through.
How many slices will a bundt cake yield?
Most bundt cakes will serve 12-16 people, depending on how small or large you cut the slices.
Can I freeze a pumpkin bundt cake?
Yes, you can. Simply bake the pumpkin cake ahead of time and make sure it is completely cool. Wrap the unfrosted cake in two tight layers of plastic wrap before placing it in the freezer.
When you are ready to serve the cake, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature while still wrapped.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
- Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Layered Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
- Pumpkin Cobbler
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Best Pumpkin Cheesecake
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.