A creamy chocolate center and tangy whipped cream make these easy No Bake Chocolate Cream Tarts a sweet little treat to share with friends and family.
Sometimes I want to spend time in the kitchen baking a crazy chocolate treat. Sometimes I just want chocolate right alway. I have some hidden candy bars in our pantry for those chocolate “emergencies”.
Then there are times I want to make (and eat) a chocolate treat that isn’t too involved and that isn’t just a candy bar.
When that moment hits me I turn to no bake desserts. They give you the satisfaction of a homemade treat in a short amount of time.
Recently I came across the pictures of these no bake s’mores tarts I had made last year. After rummaging through the pantry I came up with the ingredients to make another version because I needed chocolate.
I made the crust and chocolate center the same way using a mini tart pan. But since it is almost Valentine’s Day I decided to add a creamy cheesecake whipped cream to the top.
Actually, I made frosting for the first try. But after one bite, my teeth were cringing from sugar shock.
I haven’t come across many things that I would deem too sweet in life. My motto is usually “the sweeter, the better”!
But…something about the combo of cookie crust, chocolate, and frosting made me rethink the topping in a hurry.
It needed to be a little tangier because I needed to balance the sugar out. But it also needed to be light and fluffy, but sturdy enough to hold a whole strawberry.
By adding cream cheese to whipped cream I achieved both my goals for the cream topping. The cream cheese kept it from being sweet and made it strong enough to hold the fruit.
Now if you are extra ambitious with these no bake chocolate cream tarts, you could slice your strawberries into little hearts. Wouldn’t that make these the cutest treats for your sweets?
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Crust
- 20 chocolate cream filled cookies
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
For the Topping
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping creamy
- fresh strawberries
- Place the cookies, cream included, in a food processor. Pulse until they are crumbs.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and butter. Spoon into a 12 cavity mini tart pan. Press firmly on the bottom and sides of the pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Heat the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy. Spoon into the prepared crusts.
- Freeze again for 10 minutes or until completely set. Gently remove from the pan and place in the refrigerator. You will need to use a butter knife to gently loosen the sides from the pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar and beat again.
- Add half the cream and whip until creamy, then add the rest of the cream and whip on low until mixed in.
- Whip on high for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Refrigerate topping for one hour.
- Pipe the cream on top of the chilled tarts using an icing bag and icing tip 1M. Top with a fresh strawberry.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 313 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 186mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21g Protein: 3g
*This post contains an affiliate link. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products with you this way.